Fuel return

Thxcuz

Local time
4:20 AM
I’ve got a Subaru ex21 ef engine that I’m putting on a frame. I pulled the fuel tank off and along with the standard fuel line there is a fuel return. Can I cap this or do I need it and if so how do I make it work with a motorcycle tank

Attachments

• 319DDC4A-7934-4424-A5E3-E4C2AFCDAFB0.jpeg
    319DDC4A-7934-4424-A5E3-E4C2AFCDAFB0.jpeg
    246.3 KB · Views: 141
EFI takes more pressure to run than a straight gravity feed carb and needs the return line. You will probably have to add a return fitting to the tank, or find a tank with one already in it.

I haven't played with one of those motors with the EFI so I don't know for sure, but my best guess would be no, because you would get intake fuel in both lines.

The link may not work. Here’s a picture

Attachments

• FD20FE08-96C6-432C-9F3B-16E45683E857.jpeg
    FD20FE08-96C6-432C-9F3B-16E45683E857.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 139
Sorry for being a total askhole but does it have to return into the same tank? For instance, can the gas go into an old steel beer can? I’d weld the top shut and put a bulkhead valve on the bottom. Then it would drain back through the return valve.
Im making this a rat bike and an old steel falstaff can would look very rat-ish.

Sorry for being a total askhole but does it have to return into the same tank? For instance, can the gas go into an old steel beer can? I’d weld the top shut and put a bulkhead valve on the bottom. Then it would drain back through the return valve.
Im making this a rat bike and an old steel falstaff can would look very rat-ish.
You don't want it to back flow into you EFI, might hydraulic a cylinder. I busted an injector seal on an old chevy I owned and hydrauliced a cylinder, bent a rod into a "C".

If you want it to look rat-bikeish get a narrow piece of copper tubing, (FLAPS) and a couple fittings. Put a nice coil in it right before it enters the side of the tank, well one fitting anyway. I was thinking clean before, but if you want to do that then the coiled copper would look perfect. Get enough line to run it up to the widest part of the tank and put the fitting in the side, keep it all tight to the bike so it doesn't get hung up on anything.

Back