Future china 2 stroke advancements?

6blueoval9

Local time
9:47 PM
What is it you would like to see with our 2 stroke china motors as far as aftermarket parts and development are concerned?

#1 adjustable timming, #2 proper cdi with curve
Something like this?
msd-4217_w.jpg

We have adjustable timing keys using the file it down method. And we can buy a Jaguar adjustable CDI with the curve. That is, I think we can still buy them direct from Jaguar?

What we don't have yet is electronically controlled (taking input from CDI), RPM triggered power port (variable exhaust timing). Something like the Honda Revolution Control.
Mechanical (centrifugal controlled) power port would add width, I think, so electronic has to be the way forward if we are to keep the engine slim.

"The Honda Revolution Control valve is designed and works in principle like the "AETC system." A small computer monitors engine RPM and adjusts a two-blade exhaust valve with an electric servo. Honda equipped many two-stroke motorcycles such as the NSR125 and NSR250 models with RC - Valve power plants"

Last edited:
We have adjustable timing keys using the file it down method. And we can buy a Jaguar adjustable CDI with the curve. That is, I think we can still buy them direct from Jaguar?

What we don't have yet is electronically controlled (taking input from CDI), RPM triggered power port. Something like the Honda Revolution Control.
Mechanical (centrifugal controlled) power port would add width, I think, so electronic has to be the way forward if we are to keep the engine slim.
"The Honda Revolution Control valve is designed and works in principle like the "AETC system." A small computer monitors engine RPM and adjusts a two-blade exhaust valve with an electric servo. Honda equipped many two-stroke motorcycles such as the NSR125 and NSR250 models with RC - Valve power plants"
Thats proven system yes but requires an electrical system to use it again differnt from ours,It would add quite a few componants that are really not needed, Power valves aid in changing port timming as rpm incress above the range of our engines.

Thats proven system yes but requires an electrical system to use it again differnt from ours,It would add quite a few componants that are really not needed, Power valves aid in changing port timming as rpm incress above the range of our engines.
I'm just blue sky thinking. :)
Nothing's "needed", really. (Although I am finding it difficult to get certain (China made) items outside of North America)
IME.. my bike works fine so far with just a head upgrade and what I'd call coffee table mods. :)

I know we have to choose between having lots of blowdown for maximum torque from each downstroke, or less blowdown for higher RPM.
This type of system would allow us to have both, which is cool. :)

I don't know how complicated it would actually be to make the servo actuated valve (I have never actually seen one), and I don't know anything about electronics really.
I saw a kit for Honda pitbikes/monkeybikes, and it was far too expensive and obviously the wrong electronics but maybe someone with the right skills and equipment can make one that is suitable for us.

Last edited:
Seems the Jaguar and HD lighting remain the best of offerings.

Anything else?

Ideas open to everyone here..let's here them.

Stainless steel 4-bolt 104mm B.C.D. top hat adapter with the correct offset for using standard bicycle chainrings on a 135mm O.L.D. multi speed hub.

I made a thread all about it.

Servo actuated, computer controlled butterfly valve that directs exhaust gases to (one or other of) a short header and a second extended header pipe, both leading to the resonant chamber, switching automatically at the correct RPM to make it work without the usual dip in power when RPM doesn't match the tuned expansion chamber.

Servo actuated, computer controlled butterfly valve that opens/shuts off a tuned intake resonant chamber (boost bottle!) at the correct RPM to make it work without the dip in power when RPM doesn't match the tuned intake resonant chamber.

Back