Break In Zeda 80 Firestorm

Mickey112233

Local time
6:07 AM
Hello fellow Motorized Bikers, First off thank you all for your advice and goodwill as I struggled with my first and second engines, rebuilds. I finally realized the problems stemmed not from my own lack of 2 stroke engine knowledge but almost exclusively from the complete lack of quality control of the $100 and under engines from China. I just ordered a Zeda 80 Firestorm and from what I've read about this engine has been positive, by chance what would some of you experienced fella's recommend for a break in fuel ratio and mileage amount ?

Hello fellow Motorized Bikers, First off thank you all for your advice and goodwill as I struggled with my first and second engines, rebuilds. I finally realized the problems stemmed not from my own lack of 2 stroke engine knowledge but almost exclusively from the complete lack of quality control of the $100 and under engines from China. I just ordered a Zeda 80 Firestorm and from what I've read about this engine has been positive, by chance what would some of you experienced fella's recommend for a break in fuel ratio and mileage amount ?
I would be using a 25:1 fuel/oil ratio for breakin with a duration of two gallons worth of fuel for breakin using CONVENTIONAL 2 cycle oil during that time with the Zeda 80 which is a much better motor than those bargain specials you were used to...lol.

That would be 5.12 ounces of oil, I used Valvoline multi-purpose 2 cycle oil for this purpose that you can get at Autozone quite easily, and I then added that measured amount of oil using any ordinary kitchen use measuring cup to one gallon of gas in a gasoline jug, (Try and find Ethanol-Free gasoline as this gas will minimise future motor and carbuertor problems that ethanol causes in 2 cycle motors on these bikes), NEVER mix in the gas tank because you cannot shake the gas tank like you can the gas jug to have it mixed properly...Always shake the gas jug vigorously before pouring the mix into the gas tank.

After those 2 gallons are finished with, I then change to full synthetic oil like Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle racing oil which is what I use but any decent synthetic oil should do you OK, I'm just very picky...lol.

The mix you want to use after breakin will be 32:1 which is 4 ounces of full synthetic 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of Ethanol-Free gasoline.

Make sure that the needle valve C clip on the carburetor is placed in the middle groove position to start with at your elevation in Las Vegas, After breakin you may find it desirable to move it up the needle by one notch to a leaner setting depending on how it runs after breakin is finished...Be aware that things usually do not smooth out on most of these motors until breaking is finished...Here is what that needle looks like.

Make sure when you put that barrel slide assembly back into the carburetor that the groove all the way up its side is sliding on the little nub protrusion inside the carby which is found on the right hand side of the barrel recepticle, you will feel it with your finger...Failure to do so will result in it snagging on you.

Slide Needle Grooves.JPG
Slide Assembly.JPG

I would be using a 25:1 fuel/oil ratio for breakin with a duration of two gallons worth of fuel for breakin using CONVENTIONAL 2 cycle oil during that time with the Zeda 80 which is a much better motor than those bargain specials you were used to...lol.

That would be 5.12 ounces of oil, I used Valvoline multi-purpose 2 cycle oil for this purpose that you can get at Autozone quite easily, and I then added that measured amount of oil using any ordinary kitchen use measuring cup to one gallon of gas in a gasoline jug, (Try and find Ethanol-Free gasoline as this gas will minimise future motor and carbuertor problems that ethanol causes in 2 cycle motors on these bikes), NEVER mix in the gas tank because you cannot shake the gas tank like you can the gas jug to have it mixed properly...Always shake the gas jug vigorously before pouring the mix into the gas tank.

After those 2 gallons are finished with, I then change to full synthetic oil like Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle racing oil which is what I use but any decent synthetic oil should do you OK, I'm just very picky...lol.

The mix you want to use after breakin will be 32:1 which is 4 ounces of full synthetic 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon of Ethanol-Free gasoline.

Good Afternoon,I must Thank ya'll for sharing not only the knowledge but taking the time to do so, I believe with a little luck and sound advice , my new install has a very bright future. I use my bike to commute 30 miles ,5 days a week , in sometimes 100 + degree days,

30 miles a day? That's a lot of bike riding. Where you from Mickey?
I currently live in the Las Vegas Valley, Nevada
Hi Will...If you had looked on the left side of the post Mickey had made, you would see his avatar along with his location he typed in when he joined...lol...It says...Las Vegas, NV, USA

You can even click on his location in that avatar and it will show you a map of where he is at...lol...lol.

We really do have this forum site designed for easy use...lol.

Hi Will...If you had looked on the left side of the post Mickey had made, you would see his avatar along with his location he typed in when he joined...lol...It says...Las Vegas, NV, USA

You can even click on his location in that avatar and it will show you a map of where he is at...lol...lol.

We really do have this forum site designed for easy use...lol.
Correction. I'm usually using the app on my phone to read the forum. A person's location is not shown by the avatar on the app. So I had no idea where he was from. Does my avatar show where I am from?

Back