Gas cable torn

Bary Kiddo

Local time
4:19 PM
Where can I replace the cable for the throttle that is torn. No gas anymore for that motor. In the picture you can see what it looks like.

Attachments

• ;(.jpg
    ;(.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 36
Where can I replace the cable for the throttle that is torn. No gas anymore for that motor. In the picture you can see what it looks like.
This one is from a U.S. link for Amazon.com...I'm sure you have Amazon available in your country...See if you can find this cable from your Amazon store online.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Don't those come in different sizes and lengths? Should we be asking what he has before suggesting a certain cable?

Don't those come in different sizes and lengths? Should we be asking what he has before suggesting a certain cable?
Just a common CG...If you look at the pic he has, you will see his existing throttle cable.
The one I linked to is the usual normal size cable for the average China Girl motor series.

Why was it torn down in the first place if that wasn't supposed to happen?
It probably failed and broke the way it did because it was routed incorrectly right underneath the motor getting heated to death and then seizing up real tight inside the cable housing until you turned the throttle as it was probably pretty stiff and then it snapped off the barrel end.

1705431928511.png

Just a common CG...If you look at the pic he has, you will see his existing throttle cable.
The one I linked to is the usual normal size cable for the average China Girl motor series.

It probably failed and broke the way it did because it was routed incorrectly right underneath the motor getting heated to death and then seizing up real tight inside the cable housing until you turned the throttle as it was probably pretty stiff and then it snapped off the barrel end.

View attachment 206175
I like to route mine along the top tube

Back