Gasket needed

Vikingimike01

Local time
11:44 PM
Hello! I accidentally ripped my intake gasket, and the exhaust gasket has layers comming off. Looks like pressed wood, like cardboard..

I was wondering, can I use real leather as gaskets, and then put red hi-temp silicone on it?

I'm looking to get as much performance from my 2 stroke 66cc china girl as I can, before it blows.. LOL. (Please no jokes such as "Fill the gas tank with nitrous" or anything like that)

I'm planning to use this one on the intake side. I figured I can just put back the exhaust gasket that had the layers come apart, because i can still squish it together with the screws.

I live in Hungary, and the gasket material is just SO damn expensive.
Every screw, bits and bob have upgraded hardware.

muffler manifold?? You mean gasket? If you meant gasket, i know, but mine literally breaks apart to layers when taking off exhaust...

I may just try to get some old gaskets from our race Lada, and adapt them to this... lol. There are some bigger parts that can be cut or one very similar that I can cut to size.

Yeah, it will. We had our lada for 30 years. The engine part was fine. We only had problems with plastic parts, such as the throttle controller cracking from age. Old soviet cars were built well, not like today's fiberglass/plastic whatevers they call cars.

It's from an old Lada 2107, spare parts, never been used, sealed in plastic bags. My dad was a rally racer, and a car tuner before he passed away from a kidney disease. I always used to help him, that's where my love of engines come.

Get a O2 sensor gasket for the exhaust they really do work great and for the intake i would just buy another cheap made one they usually don't go bad often just file the holes just a little bit and it will slide right on

To me, that is very expensive... And, you can buy an OK carburetor for that money here..

I think I'll just stick to the leather, and see. I'm going to look for gasket material soon.

You can see if there's thin sheet copper available to make your own exhaust gasket.
I used a silicone brownie (baking) tray, which was cheap, and is enough to make many gaskets. It actually seals just fine and it has held up to the high temperature.
.. although due to being squishy it might not be exactly perfectly sized internally to ensure the exhaust flows the best it can. I didn't remove the head and stick my finger into the exhaust port to find out.
View media item 61336
View media item 61335
View media item 61370

I haven't replaced the intake gasket yet so I'm still using the stock fibre gasket. I will probably use some decent quality card (from the stationary/art department, not a piece of a cardboard box).

That looks good. I'll try to look for a thin sheet of copper. Does aluminium work the same? Because we have thin sheets of aluminium at home.

Back