GEBE Belt breaking

csm

Local time
7:52 AM
I shreded the drive belts on my GEB, last one was only after about 20 miles .I have checked the motor gear to wheel ring lineament and it looks ok and wheel is nearly true ,maybe 1/16 out . any clues on what might be going on. first belt failed at about 400 miles . At $32 .00 each belt with 3 belts later can't afford it, any other place were to purchase lower cost replacement belts than at GEB?

https://www.royalsupply.com/store/pc/Gates-1635-5M-09-PowerGrip-HTD-Belt-9293-2636-p18268.htm

Buy this, its half the price and honestly IMO its fiberglass backing more durable than the kevlar backed one golden eagle sells. I was getting excessive wear on my front engine (I never pedal from a stop,super hard on the belt) and figured hell if it lasts half as long as the gebe sold belt it is worth half the price. 8 months later of my abuse and both belts show no sign of fraying. I love golden eagles drive system but I hate buying miscellaneous s**t from them the upcharge is ridiculous! but yea this belt will fit perfectly.

Thanks for reply AquaMan Andy , got a couple of these, fit perfectly, but the first belt didn't last long , maybe had came out a little lineament ? or maybe spring idler was not tight enough on the belt? cause it, didn't last long, maybe 60 miles and then started slipping teeth stripped off. Will try new one. let you know .I have never gotten over 400 miles even using GEBE special belts. I agree the over charge is ridiculous.
I like the GEBE system but the system seems way too dependent on needing " absolute perfect lineament" to prevent belt failure. Keeping the belt/ pulley and drive gear in this "critical" lineament specs is nearly impossible if you are going to ride the bike much..( Up date 300 mile on 2nd belt and no failure so far , belt works good but keeping lineament" is a BIG pain in the A****.

Back