Greetings from Northern Illinois

rasmith3530

Local time
9:55 PM
Hey all, new to this motorized bicycling thing, but I have been working on bicycles since I was 13 (after school at the local Schwinn dealer). Today, my hobby is to pick up old hybrids and mountain bikes and refurbish them. Around the time I started working on bicycles, I began customizing minbikes as well, and this led me into a lifelong love of custom motorcycles.

One thing I am interested in is the adaptability of the motorized concept to a three-wheeled bicycle. Anyway, thanks for allowing me to learn and maybe even help others.

Oh yes, I'm a Navy vet, live close to Lovell FHCC and Great Lakes Naval Training Center.

Welcome aboard.

You're an established bicycle tinkerer, it seems. That'll give you a good leg up on building motorized bicycles.

Have fun.

Welcome, Rasmith. Never been that far north. I hail from NE TN. I think you will love this forum. I feel a bit awkward writing here. I am essentially a newcomer myself. But have never seen a bunch so willing to take the time to encourage, advise, and demonstrate basic mechanics of motorbiking. And though most of my posts expose me as a rank novice with a wrench, not once has anyone made me feel stupid for my lack of knowlege. Little by little, I'm actually getting the hang of working on the bike. I hope someday to be able to post advice to some newcomer to the world of mechanics. I'm on my second bike build, my third engine. 66 cc Skyhawk.

Back