Grubee Special Cruiser Frames & Prototype Belt Drive

I think MBB imports in Sydney will probably have these cruisers that accomodate the 4stroke down the track. He has put a note on his site saying complete 4stroke and bike available soon. Finding decent shocks for these small 1inch headsets on the cruiser type frames has been pretty hard. The cheapest I got quoted was around $350. The quality of the china gas ones looks very average but I think they would still be better than having no shocks at all. Great to see the motorised bike is still evolving!

It's the GT1 cruiser that is the interesting one. The other tank framed one is not much good. The front telescopic fork is insulting and a total waste of time. It wouldn't last a week believe me. A reasonably good telescopic fork for this bike can be had from SR Suntour and I attach the SR Suntour reply to my query about a suitable fork for the GT1 given its 30mm dia. headtube:
John,
We took a look at our charts and you can use all of our NCX or NEX 26" Series. NCX is better the NEX more economic.

The built-in-height for both of them is 443 mm , so only 2mm difference to the plan you sent us. That's the best match we have in our production, plus NCX and NEX provides 63mm of travel.

Another point is, if you are choosing please think about specifying the forks with hard springs, because our standard springs are commonly used for 60- 80 KG.

I wish you all the best for your project( because I love eccentric bikes)

I passed the above info on to Don Grube but he is going with that nasty little fork that is the same as the supermarket bikes. I do not think George wants to buy the forks but Don will only sell the bikes complete so we'll all have to pay for his crud fork so we can chuck it out and buy something suitable. Only a blind idiot would accept the fork that Don's using.
The price of the bikes will be critical because I haven't yet seen one and they may be a bit small but I could be wrong. I need to actually see what they are like. If Don Grube can't compete with supermarket bikes (which he can't) I don't know why he is scrimping on quality and making his product look like a supermarket bike.
At least the new kits won't have that useless 56T sprocket - I managed to convince them to change it for a 50T for the HS and a 48 for the Honda.
Anyone who can convince him to put the nice old 1 piece crank back in the kit is welcome to try but I think it would be better to lobby Bicycle-Engines.Com cos they are responsible for us all having to cop that disgusting 3 piece crank and probably also got the cable choke added to the kit because they claimed the grey plastic ones broke. To break one you really have to me a bit of a ham-fisted chump. Now we have an extra cable to fit on our already overcrowded handlebars.
In Australia SR Suntour have no rep so I don't know how I can source a good telescopic fork with disc & V-brake fittings. They can ship me them from Taiwan but I don't want a container load I just want a four at a time.
Grubee could be a lot better if they read through MBc.Com's threads and attended to the problems we report about right here.
I am placing great hopes on the GT1 Grubee but it won't lower the cost of my bikes because I'll be chasing around for forks and it may well be cheaper to stick with my Schwinn D7s which at least are a good quality bike with no rubbish components. That means that for every build I'll be throwing out the cranks and replacing them with the 1 piece but it's not available now cos Bicycle-Engines.Com haven't got any. Throwing out the fork etc and probably the sprocket if it's not the right size. That really adds a lot of expense to get to what I consider the bare minimum for quality.
George, the Sydney dealer, will be offering a choice of old Grubee GB & chain drive or the cheaper belt drive but I can forsee a shortage of the old GB & chain drive already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back