Happytime Essentials for economic improvment

thanks day. i never listened to him much anyway lol... talk about beating a dead horse

i preferr graham bell to jennings altho jennings knows his ****e more, bell is more on the calculated side

I don't know why but this thread has me a little worked up. I find it hard to understand how someone could not see the importance of balancing and porting an engine, especially one as poorly manufactured as our Chinese 2 strokes. If these engines were properly balanced and cleanly ported we would not be talking about engine failures with these engines. The fact that most of them are so poorly balanced is the cause of most hardware failures, bearing failures and frame damage. The poor porting makes the engine very inefficient and run relatively poorly in relation to its size.

We are not talking performance here, simply smooth and reliable. Balancing and porting are the 2 keys to make this happen. Why are some members so down on the Chinese 2 stroke? Why are they seeking a Japanese Honda or other engine? It is because they feel these engines are unreliable in their current state and they would be mostly right. If one of these engines had the time and effort put into them to balance and port they would easily run as long as any Honda. These engines in their current state are simply time bombs waiting to go off. If you run them long enough unbalanced it is only a matter of time before they tear themselves apart.

OK done with my rant for the day. I will now return you to your regularly scheduled program.

I would say good oil and luck of the draw.
Never let the cooling fuel, oil, air flow stop for more than a few.seconds
120 f ambient air temp. in the summer. 80 degrees all winter..

One of my bicycles is an old Kings bushing engine. Made in China.
I just bought some replacement parts that just wore out. clutch arm bushing, carb the slide wore out.
It is on its second steel frame bicycle LOL
I did all the longevity stuff, and most of the power improving stuff. to the happytime
I removed the tuned chamber from the happytime and installed the chamber on the gp 460 the happy time was tearing up clutches.

The other is a gp 460 also made in China I believe.
Only the 460 is balanced a much smoother ride.

Last edited:
Back