Headset wobbly?

i got it guys and just went for a ride and everything is going good and once again i thank each and everyone of you guys for the advice and putting up with my million questions you guys are awesome!
Well, that's nice. Now, take it apart again and make sure there is a ton of grease in the bearing cage. Not only will it help with steering, it will block water from going down in your steer tube and rusting it out.

Ok guys i rode for awhile back to square one did i put the cap on backwards?

Attachments

• 20230628_191601.jpg
    20230628_191601.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 68
W/O seeing those rings in person, I can't figure out where they go. Is the loose one flopping around made of plastic? Your handle bar clamp is way up on the tube. It needs to be seated next to the bearing to hold the tube assembly tight, or spacers are needed. Also that ring next to the bearing has a lip on it pointing up. I'm thinking that lip might need to be pointing down towards the bearing to help seat it. I'm not sure .............what do the directions say? Any assembly pics with parts in order? If you show us pics of the instructions blow them up, no fine print. Same with pics of the assembly order.

The ring you have your hand on is the dust cover. The ring against the bearing is the lock ring.

Remove the lock ring and dust cover.

Put the dust cover back on in the same direction you have it now.

Put the lock ring on but flip it to where the wide opening is facing the top; instead of like you have it in the picture.

Hopefully you have the bearings in the right direction.

Put the spacer and handlebars back on.

Snug up the center bolt to take play out of the headset.

Straighten the handlebars then tighten the stem clamp.

W/O seeing those rings in person, I can't figure out where they go. Is the loose one flopping around made of plastic? Your handle bar clamp is way up on the tube. It needs to be seated next to the bearing to hold the tube assembly tight, or spacers are needed. Also that ring next to the bearing has a lip on it pointing up. I'm thinking that lip might need to be pointing down towards the bearing to help seat it. I'm not sure .............what do the directions say? Any assembly pics with parts in order? If you show us pics of the instructions blow them up, no fine print. Same with pics of the assembly order. Yeah i followed the order in the vidio and i put bug spacer on top

Attachments

• 20230627_153034.jpg
    20230627_153034.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 56
The ring you have your hand on is the dust cover. The ring against the bearing is the lock ring.

Remove the lock ring and dust cover.

Put the dust cover back on in the same direction you have it now.

Put the lock ring on but flip it to where the wide opening is facing the top; instead of like you have it in the picture.

Hopefully you have the bearings in the right direction.

Put the spacer and handlebars back on.

Snug up the center bolt to take play out of the headset.

Straighten the handlebars then tighten the stem clamp.
Thanks

Back