Help with headset

robe

Local time
5:44 AM
I need some advice on the headset I'm trying to set up.
What I have is a one inch threaded steerer tube. 34 mm width head tube. I want to put an 1 1/8 triple tree fork on this head set. Clearly won't fit.
So I'm thinking of ordering this,

Or something like this,

I'm thinking this will fit my 34 mm headset as well as my 1 1/8 steerer tube. I'll need some shims as well as an adjustable stem for the handle bars.

Any thoughts or comments? Thanks

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
I need some advice on the headset I'm trying to set up.
What I have is a one inch threaded steerer tube. 34 mm width head tube. I want to put an 1 1/8 triple tree fork on this head set. Clearly won't fit.
So I'm thinking of ordering this,

Or something like this,

I'm thinking this will fit my 34 mm headset as well as my 1 1/8 steerer tube. I'll need some shims as well as an adjustable stem for the handle bars.

Any thoughts or comments? Thanks
I always like using a second sunflower nut.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Thanks.

I ordered the 2nd one on the list, should be here in a couple days. I'm holding off until I see that this is going to work before I order a bunch of other stuff.

I usually buy stuff first and think about it later. This time not so quick. I'm starting to learn in my old age. Lol.

The ad said fits 34 mm head set. They were talking ID not OD. You think they would take the time to put some measurements in the ad. Too bad, it is a nice looking piece.
I could have found some 34 mm ID pipe and welded brazed it on the head to make it fit, but just splashed the money and ordered a 1 inch sealed head set and the CDH springer forks which are a 1 inch threaded set up.

Back