Here's a new one!

darwin

Local time
9:58 AM
My engine starts every time w/just 1 pull. What could be wrong with it? It won't shut off, help me!

Just ride that china doll. Your lucky mine take a couple pulls . Lol

You may need to run a ground wire so the kill switch can ground out. I had to run a ground wire from the kill switch to the center handlebar clamp. Attach a long wire to your kill switch then start touching places as close to the kill switch till the engine cuts off. That'll be the spot you'll need to attach the ground wire.

That reminds me of when I had a mini-bike, and you had to reach down to flip the metal grounding tab to the spark plug terminal. I got bit many times ;-)
...which brings up a funny true story!....

*ahem*

My friend and I used to race side-by-side down one of the vacant streets behind our neighborhood- he, on his Workman Trike with 3hp Briggs, me, on my Trike Thing with a 3hp Briggs, equipped with that flippy spark plug grounder thing. Usually, because of gearing, I could pull away from him, so he started the strategy of leaning over and flipping the kill-lever on my trike, forcing me to pull over and restart! (All's fair, right?!?) So, one day, we're buzzing down the street, topped out, and he goes to flip the kill thing.... I, thought, "I'll just cover it with my left hand, and keep him from flipping it!". He just shoved my hand down onto the top of the plug! The next thing I knew, I was completing the electrical path of least resistance through my left hand at the engine, and my right hand on the throttle at full speed! *PUN ALERT* ....I'm shocked I didn't wreck!

This was my Trike Thing with the 3hp B/S and a Plywood seat (this was the first night it ran)
20031128-007.jpg
20031206-008.jpg

..later, I added a 5hp B/S and a butchered dining room seat.

Back