Porting questions

Nope, this thread will never be deleted. It can serve as a great example of "don't discount your own ability to do something stupid, especially when tired." I promise you we have all been there and done that in some fashion at one point in our life. It keeps you humble. :LOL:
I think it could be important to leave this up to help others fix problems they have
Things happen all the time with builds and running that bewilder us and it always turns out to be our own input that causes the problem in the first place...

I think it could be important to leave this up to help others fix problems they have
Things happen all the time with builds and running that bewilder us and it always turns out to be our own input that causes the problem in the first place...
Yep. Hell, I can share my own example of this. Long story short, I've been in the Chinese made Hawk 250 dual sport forum since 2017 and have established myself as a bit of a "Guru" on those bikes, up to and including writing some mod guides and gathering a lot of inormation and putting it all in an easy to reference place.

A common problem with the cheap 250 chinese bikes is that they come with the valve lash not set, and often very tight. One of the setup things people need to do is set the valve lash. A lot of people buying said bikes have little to no mechanical experience, including never having set valve lash before. Being a 4 stroke engine there are 2 points where said engine is at Top Dead Center - compression or exhaust stroke - and valve lash needs to be set on the compression stroke or it will cause the valves to be nearly open during the compression stroke due to how the cam operates the valves.

A common problem is, newbies often set the lash on the exhaust stroke, thus making the bike pretty much not run at all.

What do you think I managed to do the last time I set the valve lash? Yep, did it on the exhaust stroke. It was after a long day at work, and I didn't pay attention.

Nope, this thread will never be deleted. It can serve as a great example of "don't discount your own ability to do something stupid, especially when tired." I promise you we have all been there and done that in some fashion at one point in our life. It keeps you humble. :LOL:
Oh believe me this build has been doing an AWESOME job keeping me humble lol.
And I agree, keep it up.
I told Damien that because I don't know how many times I've been reading through threads and comment (really insightful,and knowledgeable comments i might add 😁)
And i get Damien popping my bubble with his "this thread is 150 years old" comment....
You can literally hear his eyes rolling when you read it i swear lmao

You made the gasket wrong in the first place. What's up with the cork? A cereal box and a ball pien hammer and you have an exact replica.
I was trying the cork because I been using a pack of gasket materials and that was all I had left and it said gas and oil resistant so i figured why not. Didn't think about the effects of the pressure from the tightening on the cork, experimentation is leads to innovation, lessons learned.
But actually if it wasn't for the cork who knows how long I would have struggled figuring out what was wrong lol.
What made me disassemble the reed was when i took off the cylinder i could see through the back of the intake, where the cork had squeezed out. Figured id take care of that, opened up the reed valve and...

Back