Whizzer question

Maxi1399

Local time
1:58 AM
Hey all, I’m new to motorized bicycle game, after some serious interest for a number of years. I recently got my hands on a ‘99 whizzer repro, after some work, seems to run just fine, but dies when the clutch is engaged. It came with no paperwork, but if anyone has any advice or insight as to the problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to the help. Thanks to all that reply.

Hey all, I’m new to motorized bicycle game, after some serious interest for a number of years. I recently got my hands on a ‘99 whizzer repro, after some work, seems to run just fine, but dies when the clutch is engaged. It came with no paperwork, but if anyone has any advice or insight as to the problem, I would greatly appreciate it. Looking forward to the help. Thanks to all that reply.
Give it a day or so and @Wrench will be by to hep ya.

Adjust the slip clutch cable because it's not letting the belt slip enough, causing the engine to stall when you stop

BTW with a slip clutch you have to pedal the bike up to about 7mph then engage the belt or the engine will stall

Is the bike stalling when you stop as mentioned by my friend Wrench or when you try to take off from idle / stop?

Adjust the slip clutch cable because it's not letting the belt slip enough, causing the engine to stall when you stop

BTW with a slip clutch you have to pedal the bike up to about 7mph then engage the belt or the engine will stall
I’ve adjusted the cable as much as feels safe, there doesn’t seem to be a difference in belt tension, but it is much harder to pull the lever when the cable is adjusted. I may be doing it wrong, I can only see one end that can be adjusted. Thank you again for the advice and input.

Is the bike stalling when you stop as mentioned by my friend Wrench or when you try to take off from idle / stop?
The bike will stall when clutch is applied to stop. Starting is no issue, and seems to pedal just fine with clutch applied, but when coming to a stop, applying the clutch kills the bike. It may also be user error, I have no previous experience with these

The bike will stall when clutch is applied to stop. Starting is no issue, and seems to pedal just fine with clutch applied, but when coming to a stop, applying the clutch kills the bike. It may also be user error, I have no previous experience with these
Can you provide some pictures please?

Back