Coleman CT200u

when you replaced the carb, did you put on the carb gasket spacer correctly? that is the main thing that controls the fuel flow on the honda clones, just have to match up the holes and it should run good.

IF IT DOESNT:
check the air filter isn't clogged or full of oil

check that all gaskets are on correctly

Here is the correct NGK spark plug numbers and the gap listed in the specs in the link below...DAMIEN

NGK (7734 / 7832) BP5ES... .028 thousandths...I would set the gap at .025 and see if that helps it to run better with hotter spark.

Ps...posting some pics of that carbie of all sides et. might be helpfull to see if anything obvious "Jumps" out at us.
Ok I will get a new plug tomorrow and follow your instructions. Fingers crossed that does the trick.

Even though it’s the same replacement carb? I didn’t do any modifications.
aftermarket carbs can very wildy in jetting, since they need to have them "work" on all the honda engine clone sizes (ie, 120cc all the way to 212+)

Is there a wire coming out of a fitting on the case, center, opposite to the cylinder?
The only wires I see is and green and black wire for the cut off switch. I disconnected the wired to see if I could bypass the shut off switch. And no difference.

when you replaced the carb, did you put on the carb gasket spacer correctly? that is the main thing that controls the fuel flow on the honda clones, just have to match up the holes and it should run good.

IF IT DOESNT:
check the air filter isn't clogged or full of oil

check that all gaskets are on correctly

I used the old carb gasket that goes from the air filter cover to the carb. It’s alot thicker than the replacement gasket that came with the new carb. To rule it out I used the new one (thin gasket) and I t made no difference. I’m going to replace the plug and spray carb cleaner around the carb to if there are any leaks.

The only wires I see is and green and black wire for the cut off switch. I disconnected the wired to see if I could bypass the shut off switch. And no difference.
Some of those little clone engine come with a low oil shut off, but you have no worries about that, no wire for it coming out.

Here is the correct NGK spark plug numbers and the gap listed in the specs in the link below...DAMIEN

NGK (7734 / 7832) BP5ES... .028 thousandths...I would set the gap at .025 and see if that helps it to run better with hotter spark.

Ps...posting some pics of that carbie of all sides et. might be helpfull to see if anything obvious "Jumps" out at us.
Thank you I will post some pics tonight.

Damien 1307 well that did the trick. I went and got a New plug but all they had was the NGK BPR5ES. I gapped it to .025. The guy said that plug will work. I installed it and sprayed starting fluid around the carb for leaks and the motor never hesitated. I filled the tank and took it for a spin. It ran like a champ. All it was a $5.00 fix. Thank you to all for the suggestions. I really appreciate the help.

Back