Crank Bearings

I returned the 85L half link chain to the bike shop today
They didn't have a 112 link half link chain so I just got one Half Link $2 to put on my old chain
This will accomplish what I wanted Making the rear belt that little bit tighter.
If all works out as I'm planning When I pull the rear wheel all the way back into the dropouts the chain tension will be perfect and the belt will be at it's tightest, Making for a super easy no adjustment needed rear wheel mounting

Maybe at a later date I'll still buy that Odyssey 112 link Half Link chain Rocket found for me,
because I do like the look of that chain and it adds a little more ✨ BLING ✨ to my bike :LOL:

DSCF3925.JPG

While trying to figure out why my rear belt was slipping I discovered that my chaining crank bearings needed to be replaced
I replaced the chaining crank bearings

Now why is my rear belt slipping ?
1) I figure I needed a new belt - ordered new belt $15
2) I figured I would get a half link for my chain to get the rear belt a little bit tighter. $2 half link

I decided to inspect the clutch to see if the belt was slipping or if there's something wrong with the one way bearing
Upon inspection of the clutch I discovered only the rear half of the clutch was spinning
This means that something is wrong with the one way bearing
When the one way bearing engages the front half of the clutch is suppose to spin too turning the flywheel via belt, starting the bike
DSCF3929.JPG

Upon inspection the one way bearing is fine it engages like it's suppose to, so this means the one way bearing is slipping in it's bore
I pressed out the one way bearing and noticed oil from the grease had worked it's way into the bore helping the bearing slip in the bore.
( I might of got grease in the bore last time I changed the one way bearing, so It's my fault :LOL: )
Cleaning off the bearing shell and the bore in the clutch with brake clean, I decided to punch divots in the bore to help hold the one way bearing in place so it won't slip when trying to start the bike, When I get some sleeve loctite I'll add that too
DSCF3926.JPG

I do have an extra Auto Clutch so I can use that if I can't fix the other one
DSCF3927.JPG

Put the clutch back on the bike and it worked, The rear belt don't slip anymore :D
DSCF3930.JPG
Belt guard is back on and I went for a short ride
DSCF3931.JPG
DSCF3932.JPG

Owning a Whizzer I always learn something new :LOL:

I've never heard of this one before

Sounds like those auto-clutches can be a PITA to have to troubleshoot...I like manual so much better, and easier to deal with...lol.

Yes PITA in the beginning the Auto Clutch did have it's share of issues and didn't operate for maximum performance
I had to make minor modifications to improve performance to my satisfaction

Back