Adjusting Hyper Beach Cruiser Rear Wheel Bearings

I got 2K+ out of my bicycle wheels but I did change the bearing a few times.
I still have those wheels in good shape. This may have been lots of luck.
It helps to keep them properly greased and run the rear tight.
Check frequently for abnormal slop in the rear by pushing back and forth on the wheel while watching at the axle for movement.

The spokes need maintenance too.

Cranbrook wheels have 12 gauge spokes and most other Walmart bikes have 14 guage.
The heavier spoke wheels seem to help the hub adapters from breaking the flanges loose from the hub.
A lot of slipped adapters are clamped tight to the hub but it appears to be loose. The welds holding the spoke flange breaks loose from the hub. Then the hub turns and the sprocket adapter pops spokes.

If you run a rear bicycle wheel, it’s good idea to have extra sets of bearing and be prepared to pull it apart frequently.
If you do not maintain the rear it’ll tear up.... damaged bearings & race or end up breaking spokes. Then it’s new wheel time.
Getting everything turning true and the engine chain aligned doesn’t hurt either.
If it’s all put together wonky it will not last.
I help guys all the time with these same problems.

Attachments

• IMG_5784.jpeg
    IMG_5784.jpeg
    188.1 KB · Views: 70
Soon my bike is going to get some whizzer wheels and a hub adapter. I am getting tired of pulling the rear wheel off and fighting with my saddle bags every time. I usually just unzip them to drop the weight. Whizzer wheels should help my bike greatly.

Soon my bike is going to get some whizzer wheels and a hub adapter. I am getting tired of pulling the rear wheel off and fighting with my saddle bags every time. I usually just unzip them to drop the weight. Whizzer wheels should help my bike greatly.
you can get by with bicycle wheels for a while but if you plan to be in this hobby long term then better wheels are an absolute. Even with maintenance the bicycle wheels usually will not stand the test of time.

you can get by with bicycle wheels for a while but if you plan to be in this hobby long term then better wheels are an absolute. Even with maintenance the bicycle wheels usually will not stand the test of time.
Agreed. I will be buying a set of NE-5 wheels off of Risk Man for my bike. I know they aren't the best, but they are affordable and are much better for my bike

The spokes need maintenance too.......
I am getting tired of pulling the rear wheel off......
And some people wonder why I went to 3 spoked mag wheels and never looked back...lol...lol.

Sealed bearings and no spoke truing adjustments etc...Haven't had to touch them for over three years now.

Back