Pulled Trigger on Hyper Cruiser from Walmart

Attracted by the low cost of a M/B kit always ends up to be at least $1K by the time the bike has been made safe and reliable
The appeal to me was it being an affordable entry into motorcycles without needing an endorsement. I k ew the costs of building a good bike. My wheels are the only thi g I need to upgrade now, and I'll be getting those soon

Dear Fellow Motorheads-Just added another 3km to the 38km on my bike. Although the rear rim is not true, she's running well, with an unknown safe top speed due to the break in period. I'm not exceeding 25km/hr (15.5miles/hour), with a 26:1 fuel/oil ratio. Will keep you updated-Gearhead437

Dear Fellow Motorheads-Just added another 3km to the 38km on my bike. Although the rear rim is not true, she's running well, with an unknown safe top speed due to the break in period. I'm not exceeding 25km/hr (15.5miles/hour), with a 26:1 fuel/oil ratio. Will keep you updated-Gearhead437
You are running a PK80 right?

PXL_20231223_222441938.jpg

Love mine, but I was stupid and got the BBR one for double the money, it has weldments for the front brake and "supposedly" better rims.
I'm going to replace the fork anyway.
Just got the rear caliper mocked up waiting for the rest of the parts.

but I was stupid and got the BBR one for double the money,
Not so much stupid, more like it is just being new to all of this is all.

I started out with the cheapest piece of crap there was called a Seeutec motor kit...after breakin with Valvoline multipurpose 2 stroke oil I then went to nothing but Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle racing oil @ 32:1 ratio and ran the snot out of it for 6,000 miles over the course of 5 years before I replaced the motor when I got a new bike to mount it on.

The Seeutec is still runnable if I ever want to use it again...lol.

I presently have only been buying my motors from bicycle-engines.com up in Bozeman, Montana and am right now running the Phantom 2nd edition V-2 series motor with the needle bearing rather than the bushing installed in it running the Amsoil Dominator oil at 25:1 and have been more than happy with it as I have hit 51 MPH on it, just once to see if it would do it...lol...I cruise all the time between 30 to 35 MPH at around 1/4 throttle and not quite 1/2 throttle on steep hills and mountain foothills that surround my area.

They are pricey but at least in my experience, as well as @ImpulseRocket experience, has been well worth the extra bucks to buy it, especially since they also have the six month warranty on everything in the motor kit and actually honour their warranties with zero hassle.

Yeah, I get that, but as you know I got a new engine kit with zero warranty (didn't know that at the time!) I guess I'm bummed because I'm going to mod away most the stock "upgrade" parts.

I see people rag on BBR, but it's getting a broader audience involved, like myself, and you are paying for support- which now seeing the average quality of these kits it is high risk for them.

Just like in the RC game "Traxxas" overpriced, under-spec, but have amazing customer support and reached countless of people to get into the hobby, I didn't get it till I worked at a hobby shop and see walls of Traxxas parts when other brands had parts on galactic backorder.

Yeah, I get that, but as you know I got a new engine kit with zero warranty (didn't know that at the time!) I guess I'm bummed because I'm going to mod away most the stock "upgrade" parts.

I see people rag on BBR, but it's getting a broader audience involved, like myself, and you are paying for support- which now seeing the average quality of these kits it is high risk for them.

Just like in the RC game "Traxxas" overpriced, under-spec, but have amazing customer support and reached countless of people to get into the hobby, I didn't get it till I worked at a hobby shop and see walls of Traxxas parts when other brands had parts on galactic backorder.
BBR and Support.

Oil and Water.

I started out with the cheapest piece of crap there was called a Seeutec motor kit...after breaking with Valvoline multipurpose 2 stroke oil I then went to nothing but Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle racing oil @ 32:1 ratio and ran the snot out of it for 6,000 miles over the course of 5 years before I replaced the motor when I got a new bike to mount it on.

I presently have only been buying my motors from bicycle-engines.com up in Bozeman, Montana and am right now running the Phantom 2nd edition V-2 series motor with the needle bearing rather than the bushing installed in it running the Amsoil Dominator oil at 25:1 and have been more than happy with it as I have hit 51 MPH on it, just once to see if it would do it...lol...I cruise all the time between 30 to 35 MPH at around 1/4 throttle and not quite 1/2 throttle on steep hills and mountain foothills that surround my area.

They are pricey but at least in my experience, as well as @ImpulseRocket experience, has been well worth the extra bucks to buy it, especially since they also have the six month warranty on everything in the motor kit and actually honour their warranties with zero hassle.
Damien, I'm curious, what's the most mileage you've put on a bike motor?

View attachment 205402
Love mine, but I was stupid and got the BBR one for double the money, it has weldments for the front brake and "supposedly" better rims.
I'm going to replace the fork anyway.
Just got the rear caliper mocked up waiting for the rest of the parts.
What frame is that?

I started out with the cheapest piece of crap there was called a Seeutec motor kit...after breaking with Valvoline multipurpose 2 stroke oil I then went to nothing but Amsoil Dominator 2 cycle racing oil @ 32:1 ratio and ran the snot out of it for 6,000 miles over the course of 5 years before I replaced the motor when I got a new bike to mount it on.

I am so far very happy with my Phantom.

Back