Pulled Trigger on Hyper Cruiser from Walmart

gearhead437

Local time
6:36 AM
Dear Fellow Motorheads-Pulled the trigger on a Hyper bike from Wally World. Still unsure about repacking the grease in the bottom bracket and rear hub, as that's what I had done on my Grubbee 49cc Cranbrook. Let's hope that the second build will be smoother than the first-Great forum!:)-Gearhead437

Great frame!!!

Attachments

• 20230531_174607.jpg
    20230531_174607.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 90
I was gonna post some links to a guy on youtube who made some brilliant looking builds off of this frame but he deleted his channel. Think 60s race bike with a modern sport bike tail. Damien welded disc brake tabs on his but I would take it to a frame builder if I wanted to do the same. You're going to need a different clamp for the downtube though ebay and amazon can help.

I was gonna post some links to a guy on youtube who made some brilliant looking builds off of this frame but he deleted his channel. Think 60s race bike with a modern sport bike tail. Damian welded disc brake tabs on his but I would take it to a frame builder if I wanted to do the same. You're going to need a different clamp for the downtube though ebay and amazon can help.
Damien didn't weld brake mounts, he used an adapter from Amazon for the front, and he made the rear out of aluminum!

he used an adapter from Amazon for the front,
That front Adel clamp is not from Amazon...It is from an F-16 fighter jet from the AFB...lol.

DSCN0189.JPG

The rear frame mounting to the caliper is homemade from 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum.

Fabricated Rear Caliper Adaptor IMG_0347.jpg

he made the rear out of aluminum!
Not just any aluminum, it is made from 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum that is used on F-16s and Reaper and Predator drones.
The same goes for my homemade front motor mount.

IMG_0319.jpg

Funny that all that is mentioned today about my disk brakes...I just had the whole bike taken apart today to replace the disks and the brake pads and a general cleaning and polishing of the whole bike and then I put it all back together again and all ready to go to church tomorrow morning...lol.

Attachments

• Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    Adel clamp holding front caliper adaptor to fork. IMG_0349.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 59
  • Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    Another view of rear caliper adaptor.IMG_0350.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 67
That front Adel clamp is not from Amazon...It is from an F-16 fighter jet from the AFB...lol.

View attachment 195157

The rear frame mounting to the caliper is homemade from 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum.

View attachment 195161

Not just any aluminum, it is made from 7075 T-6 military aviation grade aluminum that is used on F-16s and Reaper and Predator drones.
The same goes for my homemade front motor mount.

View attachment 195159

Funny that all that is mentioned today about my disk brakes...I just had the whole bike taken apart today to replace the disks and the brake pads and a general cleaning and polishing of the whole bike and then I put it all back together again and all ready to go to church tomorrow morning...lol.
I need to replace my rim brake pads. They are worn almost to the metal. They came with the brakes when I ordered them, so I'm not surprised. I think I have a decent set that I had on a mountain bike a few years ago that I used for.parts after riding it for a while

Back