Hi, a dreaded newbie here

don't worry about them being sold by harbor freight. it's a honda design, so it's good anyway.

yesterday on the job site some guys were running one of those walk behind plate compactors. it started smoking real bad so they ran off to harbor freight and picked up a new motor for it. got it all assembled but forgot to put oil in it before they cranked it up. it ran for nearly 10 minutes before it died. 10 minutes with zero lubrication. if that don't tell you how tough those motors are I don't know what will.

Thanks KTOKTO didn't know..

don't worry about them being sold by harbor freight. it's a honda design, so it's good anyway.

yesterday on the job site some guys were running one of those walk behind plate compactors. it started smoking real bad so they ran off to harbor freight and picked up a new motor for it. got it all assembled but forgot to put oil in it before they cranked it up. it ran for nearly 10 minutes before it died. 10 minutes with zero lubrication. if that don't tell you how tough those motors are I don't know what will.

Yea that tells me .. also yesterday watched several videos where the guy was doing a predator vs Honda he actually brought up where predator excelled in many areas..

So many options you guys, right now I'm feeling the predator 212 on a cruiser or the 79cc predator on a hybrid style bike . . leaning to the cruiser/212 but close that skyhawk is a sporty looking motor so that's on the table too but more at second build status

Edit: as far as the leg room on the cruiser with the 212, I'm wondering if pull starting all the time would get old and if I'd regret it.

Last edited:
Well men I concidered all the factors and to avoid overthinking out everything, going with @Steve Best advice skyhawk craigslist bike
56517-7e03643b2e1be7d626199e25db9efef0.jpg

as Steve said 'the cheapest, quickest and most reliable way in' see ya during the build.. give a few weeks to gather everything up

Back