Honda and HuaSheng possable Carb MOD

Yea a little. I still kinda wonder about the interior of it as far as the springs go. So I might take it apart.
When I 65 a stop was coming up and and I let go of the throttle noting that the steering was hectic.
So anyway the stock exhaust actually has a little back pressure about the same as the exhaust I built. The difference is the outlet hole which is much bigger making it a middle tuned exhaust. Actually might be the way to go. I would have more power band in the upper RPM's and leaning the carb out a little.
My fiberglass I pulled out showed black carbon as the closed down outlet caused the enrichment in the carb. So I'll be better tuned with the stock more than likely.

The actual problem ocurred on the rear baffle were a 3/4 inch diameter steal pipe down scaled to the to small fuel lines.
The fiberglass is the only method I ever used concerning bikes like the honda XR650R. What it does is creates a staedy controlled exhaust stream. Creating a steady RPM to throttle response.
The steel wool might work but its not as a steady exhaust flow as the fiberglass is more of a filter that would keep it exact. But what do I know as I never tried it.

I kinda learey about throwing this out there but what I would like to see is and oil resovoure cooling system with an oil pump to cool the internal engine parts with cool oil.
I dont think its possable but with all the engineers around it just might be.
Im kinda worried about over heating then anything else. So the best I can do is keep fresh oil in there after about three hours or ridding.
Not that my bike over heated its just through experience with motors in a whole need to keep cool.
The stock exhaust will also help in area also.

Last edited:
I've been thinking about it more and more and even with a 6 inch hose from the bottom drain plug to a piece of aluminum then 6 inch back from the aluminum with a pump to the fill up oil hole would probley be enough.
I think that the smaller the distance of the hose would create more oil amount control because if the oil hoses are to long to a oversized resovoure then you have the risk of overflowing.

The naked stock muffler with no plastic shield for the Honda is the only way to go. I figure that if I want to create some back pressure I just get a hose and hose clamp it on with a single 3/8 fuel line that scales down from the stock outlet.
There's also a tiny hole on the side of the muffler outlet that is there for a spark-arrestor.
Heres one you can check out from ebay. Ebay item number 330616421458.
So with the hose clamp and what looks like a sheet metal screw on the spark arrestor you can get extra hold by useing the screw through the hose.

Theres a picture below with the hole.

So now at least I'll only blow off the hose instead of blowing jb weld out the exhaust.

Attachments

• 676A0242.jpg
    676A0242.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 271
Last edited:
Back