Honda VL200ST-3A No Spark

Leeven

Local time
5:00 AM
Good day All,

I have a Honda quad and have been breaking my head over what's causing the no spark issue.

Everytime I hit the start switch I get no response, no swing, nothing. So after testing around I found the relay that's connect to the starter from the start switch is wrecked. Soo what I did was bypass the relay by adding in a switch of my own which gets the starter to swing but doesn't start up and run.

My coil pack is still good, tested it out. Spark plug is brand new, tested the lead to the plug as well, all seems fine.

The coil pack has 2 wires running out from it. 1 leading to the CDI and the other just standard negative from the battery.

Could it be the CDI that's the problem? Or is it something else?

The relay you bypassed had how many wires connected to it? I'm thinking you have a run and a start circuit connected to that relay and the run circuit isn't powered up now, I could be wrong.

Why was the relay wrecked? Is it possible the relay shorted something out or is it even possible that the relay is part of the circuit to run.

Is your key switch busted?

Have a model number? The wiring diagram can be a big help at times.

Did you try removing the spark plug and put it in its boot and hold the plug threads against the frame while running the starter, no spark means you aren't getting power at the flywheel or you simply have a break in the line between the two.

Back