Chains How Do I Remove Pin Without Tool?

Aikaru

Local time
2:52 PM
I bought a new chain but my chain breaker is too small for it and I can’t hammer it through because the sides of the pins are bent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 152
Your a little tardy to the party...your here with me right now on page three of this thread...he got it done on page two...lol...DAMIEN
Rode it for a bit, new chain is amazing and works well...also the new carb and the long offset pipe produces some serious low end torque. Not to mention the sound is very deep and growly now, it sounds super nice.

I love happy endings!!!!
Slight issue arised...well actually it's basically been like this the whole time.
The engine idles for maybe 10 seconds before suddenly dying out.
Also acceleration is good but actually not as good as it used to be, and the top speed isn't even 10 mph.
I checked the chain and everything, no issue there...perhaps I have to tune this HP carb?

Slight issue arised...well actually it's basically been like this the whole time.
The engine idles for maybe 10 seconds before suddenly dying out.
Also acceleration is good but actually not as good as it used to be, and the top speed isn't even 10 mph.
I checked the chain and everything, no issue there...perhaps I have to tune this HP carb?

Moderator Note:
Aikaru has opened new thread regarding his HP carb issue.

Yes sir, you need to match the carbs fuel metering to the engine's needs ( jetting). If you are good with a wire bit, you can solder and drill your own. The easiest is just to buy a jet kit and go to town till ya find your jet. Do you know how to check your jetting with a plug pull?

Yes sir, you need to match the carbs fuel metering to the engine's needs ( jetting). If you are good with a wire bit, you can solder and drill your own. The easiest is just to buy a jet kit and go to town till ya find your jet. Do you know how to check your jetting with a plug pull?
Yes it's called a "Plug Chop" where you warm up the engine and ride it around wide open for a few minutes, kill the engine, wait for it to cool down and take out the spark plug. If it's wet and black, it's too rich, if it's white or chalky, it's too lean. Though, I already know im using way too big of a jet because the symptoms are all too obvious it's way too rich. I'm at sea level too so a #70 is too big...I bought a kit that ranges from a 45 to a 72. Which do you recommend for sea level?

Yes it's called a "Plug Chop" where you warm up the engine and ride it around wide open for a few minutes, kill the engine, wait for it to cool down and take out the spark plug. If it's wet and black, it's too rich, if it's white or chalky, it's too lean. Though, I already know im using way too big of a jet because the symptoms are all too obvious it's way too rich. I'm at sea level too so a #70 is too big...I bought a kit that ranges from a 45 to a 72. Which do you recommend for sea level?
68-69, maybe a 67 but usually a 69.

I'm not to much above you. 2200 feet. We run usually a 67-68 out here.

68-69, maybe a 67 but usually a 69.

I'm not to much above you. 2200 feet. We run usually a 67-68 out here.
Sounds good, once this kit arrives Friday, I'll try those out first. Hopefully once I get this thing fine tuned, only then can I have serious fun lol

Back