Need a quality chain breaker!?!

markjs

Local time
11:36 PM
OK, well my experience with bicycle chain breakers is generally they're made so cheaply that they are good for a max of two to three uses, then they break or the pushing pin falls out, rendering the tool useless.

I need a recommendation for a chain tool capable of breaking the larger chains that motorized kits us, and tit would be nice if it will do regular multispeed chain too, but IDK if such a universal tool exists. So anyway, I want a tool that's not going to break after a few uses (or two, if the bicycle ones are too small). Any suggestions?

Short of spending the money on a high quality breaker, aka not the 20 to 30 dollar ones on Amazon, the old grind the rivet down and push the pin out with a punch method has never failed me.

One of my favorite style of chain breaks are the block type like this one. Again, works best if the revenue on one end is ground down.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
My personal Chain tool is this exact kit I have had for a few years. Mainly for motorcycles, but also works for the chain on my phantom.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Back