Looking for recommendations for a noobie

How cool and a nice tribute to your family and late Grandpa!

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I do have another question in regards to Gas:Oil Mixture. I utilized Hughes Motorized channel for a lot of my build, and I see he recommends 40:1 for essentially the life of the engine. Day 1 to death. I went with 32:1 for my first tank, but any opinions on his 40:1 "cradle to grave" opinion? I see some people are absolutely adamant about

I saw in another thread where there was a break down of plugs from too lean to too rich, but can't seem to find it.

From my brief time on this forum…although I hear a lot of support for leaner ratios 40:1 or 32:1 from some. They are usually always after a break in period of 20 or 25:1.

Common wisdom: follow instructions of your particular engine. A lot of successful members experience backs this up (Damien, Rocket). Plus, I heard you say that you are after reliability and longevity. Successful members have this to the tune of thousand + miles over time.

That is why we ALWAYS recommend to use 32:1 AFTER breakin is done and over with.

We try to forestall the "death" and "grave" part for as long as possible and 32:1 is key to motor longevity...lol.
Lol, fair point. Do you happen to have that graphic I was referencing above? That has all the different pictures of spark plugs? Where it had photos from too lean, to too rich?

YEP...Got a few of them...lol.

Spark plug color chart.jpg

Screenshot_2023-05-22_07-28-14.png

NGK-2013-Complete-NC_Page_207_1.jpg

And then there is the pic of my sparkplug burning perfectly...lol.

DSCN0177.JPG

YEP...Got a few of them...lol.

View attachment 198645

View attachment 198646

View attachment 198647

And then there is the pic of my sparkplug burning perfectly...lol.

View attachment 198648
Awesome, thank you man. My BR6HS arrives tomorrow, so when I pull out the stock plug I'll take note of how it looks. I swore that I put 32:1 mixture in, but my brother-in-law who helped me build it thinks that it was 40:1. I'm going to let my plug determine what it more than likely was.

Awesome, thank you man. My BR6HS arrives tomorrow, so when I pull out the stock plug I'll take note of how it looks. I swore that I put 32:1 mixture in, but my brother-in-law who helped me build it thinks that it was 40:1. I'm going to let my plug determine what it more than likely was.
The spark plug test is for air fuel ratio, not oil fuel ratio. You best bet is to drain that gas, and use it in a weed wacker, mix some new gas

The spark plug test is for air fuel ratio, not oil fuel ratio. You b3st bet is to drain that gas, and use it in a weed wacker, and mix some new gas
My thoughts exactly Gordy...lol.

Back