How does this work

HumanPerson

Local time
12:40 PM
Today i bought a micro drill bit set from a machine shop.
The Jet in my carb says it is a #65 but the micro drill bit that says #65 is to big for the #65 jet, yet the #74 micro drill bit fits just fine.
How does this work?

Snapshot2009-12-2718-43-05.jpg

According to this chart a #65 drill bit is a #88.9 jet

The Jet in my carb says it is a #65 but the micro drill bit that says #65 is to big for the #65 jet, yet the #74 micro drill bit fits just fine.
How does this work?
The numbered drill set is used to find the size of an unmarked jet! and or to resize acordingly.The 60-81 numbered bit's are the best reference being the right size range for the most commenly used jets in our engines.

How does this work?
The numbers for the micro bit set are reference numbers not reflecting actual measurements. It's like a number leading you to another number. A # 65 jet is .65mm in diameter. The # 72 bit should be the closest. A # 74 is .58mm. You may find as I have that the bits are not always the size the say they are on the holder. Get a caliper that reads in inches and mm's then you check your bits and will know if you are gaugeing things correctly.

The numbers for the micro bit set are reference numbers not reflecting actual measurements. It's like a number leading you to another number. A # 65 jet is .65mm in diameter. The # 72 bit should be the closest. A # 74 is .58mm. You may find as I have that the bits are not always the size the say they are on the holder. Get a caliper that reads in inches and mm's then you check your bits and will know if you are gaugeing things correctly.
oh shoot, I see now. I have the micrometer.Oh my gosh thank you for clarifying that.
Things are not always as they seem, Check!

That's what i am gathering. So New to this yet So Old About this :-\

Back