Exhaust How to get backfires and pops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

will16k

Local time
6:59 PM
I am looking to get pops and bangs for my bike just for fun. I have read that you will need either an adjustable CDI or an adjustable magneto, but no one seems to sell these anywhere.

The only way I can get pops (I have a banana pipe) is by tapping the kill switch on declaration. Could leaning out the bike give me more pops/flames?

Thats not by leaning it out its because the engine runs but doesnt ignite so it spits out unburnt fuel wich then ignites

Thats not by leaning it out its because the engine runs but doesnt ignite so it spits out unburnt fuel wich then ignites
Right... but how can I consistently get pops (retard the timing) on the deceleration?

Yeah, run it rich with a straight pipe. Like 7/8 inner diameter. It will make people angry though. Don't need to mess with timing just engine brake it by letting off the throttle.

Last edited:
Yeah, run it rich with a straight pipe. Like 7/8 inner diameter. It will make people angry though. Don't need to mess with timing just engine brake it by letting off the throttle.
Wouldn’t this be bad... 2 stroke engines need back pressure and running a straight pipe provides none.

Less fuel efficiency mostly. I run a bp7hs plug to keep it cool and run a .70 jet. Not enough to four stroke. Too loud also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back