how to mount a 66cc skyhawk engine

alec

Local time
2:07 PM
My bottom tube that the front engine mount attaches to is a super oval. I used the u bolt mount from piston cycles and it bent around the frame and the engine would wiggle back and fourth. I think I'm going to give the universal mount a try because the frame is extremely heavy duty. How would I go about drilling the hole? Also should I use some innertube rubber to create more grip?

one thing that you do not want to do is drill a hole in the frame.
No matter how heavy duty it is, it will eventually crack where the hole is.

That's the exact problem I have. thanks so much for that fix. I'm going to do that later this week when I get some cash. So the middle bolt and but set tightens the band around the tube and stuff?

Also if I may ask, how did you align your chain? my rear sproket is too far out and makes the chain jump off the drive sproket on the engine. I'm going to get a no. 41 chain and try that.

My specific bike I had to turn the sprocket around dish side in and it alighned just right when tightened down. It is very close to the spokes but does not contact them at all.

I have my sproket mounted the same way. Hopefully once I mount the engine correctly it will all align and I can take it on its first ride

Also if I may ask, how did you align your chain? my rear sproket is too far out and makes the chain jump off the drive sprocket on the engine. I'm going to get a no. 41 chain and try that.
Just my quick thoughts as it has been a long day...

Attaching the back wheel rag sprocket is the hardest and one of the most critical things that needs to be done right.
By right I mean the sprockets in line.
A bigger chain or fancy tensioners won't fix misaligned sprockets.

Back