[How-To] Ungovern HuaSheng 142f

Yes that's the single and double chain transmission. I say double chain because people don't like the double chain either. The motor is the best part in the kit as well as the 2 smoke. I got one of the ebay w/ belt drive transmission, so far only problem is the plastic cover tin bracket snapped from vibration and one clutch shoe was loose but I tightened. The motor runs well. So basically I'd replace all secondary hardware from the getgo and use belt drive transmission. I recall someone saying 20-50k was achievable on a 144F where is the CG with 50k may I see? ask crazydan he knows more about these than me. I just started breaking in 49 4 a few weeks ago working out problems with chain tension and alignment. Not to mention The front quickaxle tinged on the ground somewhere and I rode into the small town with no front axle 0_o. I had a solid axle rear wheel but thought the front stock wheel was fine. Some zip ties worked.

BTW does anyone know the specs of a 142F, 144F or GXH50 rod? top end bottom end length? They are pretty small maybe one could make one out of 6061? would it still fuse at 9500?

EDIT:
It appears I just found a forged rod and crank for the 142f??? these forged rods handle some RPM in the 2 strokes think it would last? anyone know where you may buy just this special rod?

Picture: Aliexpress

Last edited:
Just a thanks to you guys for the input about the honda fly and coil. I have had a 144f for years now that I parked because nothing I did would get it to run right. Put the honda parts on it and it runs like a champ. was almost dark when done so don't know what it will do. It's j shafted to a strumey 5 speed so should haul ass. I'll install a tach tomorrow and take it for a hell ride. Thanks again guys. I couldn't bring myself to sell it not running right, and now that it is I don't want to.

I searched the gxh50 coil it is listed at around $50 USD so I don't know how he got a coil for $10. What is the part number for the old coil and how did you find it? the gxh50 flywheel looks more sturdy as well as there's more material past the 3rd fin on either side. I found a flywheel for around $30 but I don't want to get an unbranded coil and have running issues how some of them limit the engine.

Last edited:
Back