Howdy from sunny Silicon Valley

AlphaGeek

Local time
8:18 PM
I invested a bunch of time this month getting educated on bike engines and California law regarding same, and ordered a GEBE kit with the Tanaka 32cc 2-stroke on Monday (15 Sep 2008). I'll be using it to commute to work 17.3 miles each way, 2-4 days/week.

I love discovering motherlodes of on-topic info like MotoredBikes.com, and I'm looking forward to getting started with my own "buzzbike".

-AG

"Buzzbike" I like it!!

Watch out for those nutty CA drivers (guess they're pretty awful everywhere, though)

"Buzzbike" I like it!!

Watch out for those nutty CA drivers (guess they're pretty awful everywhere, though)

Thanks. I'm fortunate to have a (relatively) bike-friendly route to and from work, though there are a couple of stretches where I'll be sharing the road with those nutty drivers. My biggest concern was whether I would get hassled by CHP or local cops for using the motor while crossing the CA-84/Dumbarton bridge, but a friend (who was a Menlo Park cop until a few years ago) said I had nothing to worry about. Guess we'll see what happens when I start biking in on a regular basis!

-AG