HS carb question

dougsr.874

Local time
9:45 PM
Does anyone know where I can buy the idle speed jet for the HS carb....I've tried everything I know to clean the jet but everything is to large for the opening.....even one strand of clutch cable is to large.....compressed air no work either.....open to all suggestions....

I used one from a Honda OEM carb and it worked perfectly, off of a gxh50. Can't imagine it costing too much from a Honda dealer for that lil piece of plastic.....A piece of wire off of a fine brass wire brush is what I used to clean the jet on the OEM HS carb, only thing I could find that was small enough. Be aware the jet on the OEM Honda carb is way bigger but it does work and very well I might add.

Darwin: Thanks for the info.....ordered two...but they're expensive....almost $12.00 each for a little piece of plastic......

When installing that jet it helps to lube it with wd40 or so, piece is fragile and a tight fit.

bristle off a paint brush, tooth brush, and or even the outer wrap on a "d" guitar string... possibly the inner core, depending on guage used... i vaguely recall even a 008 wont fit in that hole!

make sure the ports to and from the chamber where that jet sits are also clear( blow air from carb throat through those pinholes just behind the butterfly), and lube the o-rings before reinserting!

Great idea buts this new gas gums up after only a couple of weeks.

Back