Huasheng Upgrade Clutch.

So this is a tale of three clutches. I went ahead and installed the 4 shoe as I removed the gear reduction to service and seal it. The 4 shoe clutch is the heaviest, weighing 14+oz versus 9+ for the stock HS steel clutch and 6+ for the aluminum clutch. I presume the aluminum clutch is really from a pocket bike.
The 4 shoe fits perfectly and does bite hard. The only downside it engages at 4000. This is either a plus or minus depending on what you want. If you like a quicker take off and to an extent quicker acceleration (assuming proper ratios), this one does it as its on the torque curve immediately. Its pluses are it greatly smooths the engine both at idle and higher revs, and its a bit smoother on engagement.
Im going to run it a bit to see if I adjust to it. I prefer a lower engagement. If you look at the stock clutch pic you will see
I spread the springs a bit. This lowered the engagement a few hundred rpms.
Still at $21 I think it a good buy, especially if the higher engagement is no issue for you. The pic of the hole spun in the
gravel attests to its bite.

As a side bar if one is running one of the 5:1 gear reductions (an excellent little gear box) seal it then fill it with 00 grease. You can even remove the inner seals on the bearings if you like. I cant see this little box not running close to forever.
Is the gearbox any good?

Back