Huashengtaishan 4 stroke pouring gasoline

Is it Mando to have fuel filter in line
View attachment 55334It seems like the motorized bike doesn't like me, I've built a 2 stroke and the engine mount came loose and I was stranded 4 miles from home, now I've installed a 4 stroke Huashengtashan 49cc I can't get it to run without flooding my garage with gasoline.

View attachment 55335
This image shows the carburetor, the little copper or bronze colored piece under the fuel input is the main problem where all the fuel dribbles out. When the petcock is on it just drips with fuel and when it's off it's fine but the engine then only runs off the fuel in the bowl if I try to seal it off the copper piece so it stops dripping the engine dies, I can't ride around turning on and off the petcock hoping I don't stall in the middle of the road because my engines flooded. Can anyone help me figure out what's with this carburetor.

You don't have to have a filter, but when your carb starts leaking fuel from the float jet getting blocked open by dirt, then you'll understand.

View attachment 55334It seems like the motorized bike doesn't like me, I've built a 2 stroke and the engine mount came loose and I was stranded 4 miles from home, now I've installed a 4 stroke Huashengtashan 49cc I can't get it to run without flooding my garage with gasoline.

View attachment 55335
This image shows the carburetor, the little copper or bronze colored piece under the fuel input is the main problem where all the fuel dribbles out. When the petcock is on it just drips with fuel and when it's off it's fine but the engine then only runs off the fuel in the bowl if I try to seal it off the copper piece so it stops dripping the engine dies, I can't ride around turning on and off the petcock hoping I don't stall in the middle of the road because my engines flooded. Can anyone help me figure out what's with this carburetor.
Hello you could have a crack in the float in the carb.

View attachment 55335

View attachment 55335
copper....No. Bronze...No. Heard of Brass? Yes, it's Brass.

Hello I had the problem with the fuel coming out of the over flow need to open up the carb and make sure the float is not getting stuck mine got stuck in the other notch good luck

Who ever owns the above pics, in the pics of the white fuel line coming from the tank it looks like there's a white cigarette filter in the line. Might be an illusion, might not. The brass fitting coming out of the carb is the supply to the carb.

View attachment 55335

I had a similar problem with a carburetor. If you remove the carb and inspect the float valve you will find that the float valve has a soft, very small insert at the tip. Sometimes this soft part is worn or missing which does not let the float regulate the flow of gasoline. The gasoline additives in California can cause this small insert to fail in its fuel regulating function. The cost of this part at my local Honda engine dealer was close to the cost of a Huasang carburetor on line, so I replaced the carburetor and the problem was solved until some gas additive erodes the seal again!

What size chain is the huashengtaishen, a peice on the chain broke and cant find the right chain its a 4 stroke engine

Back