"I'm not blocking traffic--I AM traffic!"

Traffic

I thought in Australia it was legal to run right over the top of the foolish. It used to be legal here when I was a kid, Wasn't it?
Shiney Side Up,
Big Red.

it would be nice to run over lawyers especially :)

tony abbot is our so called "opposition leader".

i wouldnt mind running a few pollies over as well :)

unfortunately they have a "just us" system which ensures the fittest are incarcerated and not allowed to interfere with the feeble... :(

Just watch out for the bad star who comes from 10 cars back, flooring it even in the face of oncoming traffic, then when he gets in front of the last car, pushes you off the road to avoid the oncoming dumptruck etc. There is a 2 mile stretch of road between the downtown area I worked in, and the highway near the outskirts of town where I live. It is a 2 lane that goes from 30, to 40, to 50 mph, but the cars regularly drive 60 on it, even over the 3 railroad tracks and past a truck yard. I've driven it at 35 before on my MAB, and usually cars wait or go around. But one day just before the 2 lane splits into 4 lanes, a bum duck went around a line of cars to cut me off, just narrowly avoiding a head on collision with an 18 wheelr, and causing me to swerve onto the gravelly, glass strewn shoulder.

There are some 2-lane roads where I go slower than the rest of the "travelers", but you know what...

When I claim the center of MY lane, those behind me have nowhere else to go.

If I lived on a densely populated volcanic rock, perhaps my mindset would be different... but here, it's my road when I want it.

I believe in courtesy.

In life in general, and on the road especially. If I'm driving my vehicle, I'm no different than any other "cager" - I get impatient with slow-boating road hogs impeding traffic. Impatient or not, I extend the courtesy of staying well clear of their rear ends (often to have some a-hole duck into the space) until I can safely get around them. It doesn't matter if they are on one, two, three, or four+ wheels. I've driven very nearly every kind of wheeled vehicle man has devised, on every kind of road/track/trail/terrain that 36 different countries could challenge me with. In 40+ years of driving I've had one accident that was my fault, and it only involved my vehicle.

Courtesy. If I am in/on a vehicle that is moving slower than traffic, I'll take every opportunity I can find too clear out of the traffic lane and let faster vehicles by. On my trike, that often means pulling into a driveway and stopping a moment - this town crowds 5 lanes into surface streets designed for three a whole lot of the time, and the curb lanes are frequently potholed and/or contain drain grates. Just try to treat others with respect, and as has been said - ACT AS IF YOU WERE INVISIBLE.

Back