I’m starting old thread again(Take a tip give a tip)

Yup, so does ACE hardware and a couple others as well.

I prefer lowes since there a whole lot less picky about the stuff you pick out. (Also a lot better selection)
No Lowe's in my town but will travel, my 15mm ratchet wrench is slipping, it started right after I took it out of the parts washer, surly the Purple Power did not screw it up

No Lowe's in my town but will travel, my 15mm ratchet wrench is slipping, it started right after I took it out of the parts washer, surly the Purple Power did not screw it up
shhh, its the rachets fault ;)

That purple power is junk. Works great on food grease but isn't in the top 5 for engine grease.

Another month another tip!

if you need a compression tester for small engines DONT get the Harborfeight one since the valve location is in the gauge NOT the hose, and will give you a very low reading you'd want the one Advanced Auto Parts sells since the value is right at the sparkplug location, thus keeping the motor volume limited to the motor only and not adding the hose to the volume (which is a whole lot considering the sizes of our engines)

Unless you want a good deal on a used bike, then bring the harbor freight compression tester ;)
both cost the same price as well (30$)

here's an example, my HF tester read my Tomos moped at 25psi, when I got my AAP compression tester, it read 90 psi (which is dead-on, it runs but very poorly, so it'll need a top-end soon)

this guy explains it best

link to the GOOD tester

CAT LITTER IS YOUR FRIEND!!

for when you have them gas & oil or other fluid messes :p

ps. making your garage into your litter box is not Girl Friend Approved

Where do you get that at ?
Here in Canada, we have a Harbor Freight knock off store called Princess Auto, PA for short. If you ever see me mention PA, that's what I'm talking about.

True story: I was talking with a buddy down in Calgary on a sportscar forum, he was looking for the little lenses that cover the idiot lights. I said PA has them. Some guy from Florida says, I leave in Fla, where can I find those?

Back