Insurances....

i personally wouldnt register it, as i can garentee you they wont let you.

i havent registered my bike as no one bothers me about it (exept for one)
everyone thinks its just a cool novitly and no one asks about registration.
so, if you arnt going to do anything stupid. i wouldnt.
but if you are, good luck to you, becuase NJ is a pain in the ass to register anything.
well i am gonna try and ride it on some restricted access highways like interstate or parkway but will not speed/blow lights/etc.....
I will tho make it qualify as an electric assisted mobility device which need not be registered so if i get chased by popo, i am immune to a lot of the laws or punishments.....

i think i remem reading Minnesota being easy to get titles for salvage bikes and builds then transfer title to your state. many frames have a serial# under the crank youd use as the vin. I'll look into that again bcs i have the 118cc that is looking very motorcycley now and will need a plate. itll only be a token bicycle bcs i started with that frame.
pedal assisted motorbike anyone? lol
technically if it came to it, mobility devices aren't intended for use on roads. i still think farm equipment is more accurate of your trailer for liability purposes. mobility devices don't change your liability from pedestrian movement if you argue that line. the judge'll lecture you on how you were going 4x faster than anyone can run and a $500 fine could be an end to your motorized trailer
maybe but how would i do that. would i need a license/insurance.... can it be drove on highways ??

I think majority of mb riders get by bcs it's really a gray area and cops know it so if you're cool and don't cause them a bad day they let it slide. small town cops don;t like me going thru their peaceful downtown on my trips but I am legit n they can see I cover all bases, speed, lights, looks safe so I see em turn their head hard but I never got stopped.
I can't advise legally but like Mark20's last post ^, well, it is a good post..

I think majority of mb riders get by bcs it's really a gray area and cops know it so if you're cool and don't cause them a bad day they let it slide. small town cops don;t like me going thru their peaceful downtown on my trips but I am legit n they can see I cover all bases, speed, lights, looks safe so I see em turn their head hard but I never got stopped.
I can't advise legally but like Mark20's last post ^, well, it is a good post..
u think this might work for speed control??
The motor is pulled from an industrial unit. It says, 90v, 25a, 4hp. Multiplying them yeilds 2250watts and the controller is rated for 1800w or 15*120. Looks like i might need to add a big heat sink to it. Since the controller works for 120 and motor 90, i would add a transformer after the controller circuit. The hp is way over-rated, and is prolly peak horsepower at some weird setting. More like 1.5-2hp i would say...

IF I CANT SPEED CONTROL, MIGHT USE DERAIULLER FROM A BICYCLE. As the band saw wil be made from bicycle rims.... SPEED CONTROL I THINK WEAKENS THE HP OF THE MOTOR AS THE MOTOR CAN ONLY PRODUCE A HP AT A CERTAIN SPEED....

I think industrial rated things are pretty close to what they can do, bcs ppl count on them for production. used it wouldn't output the same as new but 90v puts out a hella lot of torque, say 3hp easy. 1hp = ~550W. but make sure you have a controller rated at least 20A and 12ga or even 10ga wiring

lately I been thinking about 350W electric backup or even as the primary drive and an ICE engine geared for addl speed. ebikes are the least thing cops worry about and they are getting more and more common

u think this might work for speed control??
SPEED CONTROL I THINK WEAKENS THE HP OF THE MOTOR AS THE MOTOR CAN ONLY PRODUCE A HP AT A CERTAIN SPEED....
sure. since it limits voltage to the motor, less watts are output and by definition, the power output will be less. a real ebike controller tells how many amps are being used but for what they are, they tell about battery use and other stuff.

sure. since it limits voltage to the motor, less watts are output and by definition, the power output will be less. a real ebike controller tells how many amps are being used but for what they are, they tell about battery use and other stuff.
YEAH thats why i want to use the DERAILLEUR OF THE BIKE when building the bandsaw so i can maintain 2hp all the time which should rip through anything like a beast. Maybe i should save the dc motor for something in the future and use an induction motor, because i would need a rectifier circuit to power the dc.

Do u guys register your lil creations
Do u buy insurance

Thx b/c my 6.5hp 212cc pusher is almost complete and I’m not sure if I should go through this legal bull sh*t....
I am gonna tip off the 212 sticker and replace with 49...
What da ya think insurance/registration yay or nay.
It’s a legal gray area as would it be registered as a trailer or a moped or assisted mobility device??? I know if I get it registered as assisted mobility it’s no license or reg. Required
I am also thinking same to register or not, I don't want to go through any legality things,

Last edited:
sarwatqadri, Welcome to MotoredBikes. :)
This is what I do. I call my home owners insurance person and say......
I built a M/B and I want to insure it for $XXXX so what ever happens while I'm riding it my home owners insurance covers my future accident or if somebody stole my bike.
Theres a lot of stuff your home owners insurance policy will cover but 99% of the people never ask whats covered

Back