Jackshaft kit?

Could you clarify what the cover snap ring is? I don't see it in the assembly instructions, and would like to avoid the problem in the future.

Could you clarify what the cover snap ring is? I don't see it in the assembly instructions, and would like to avoid the problem in the future.

Look at step #8 and #16. My bad for using the word "cover", just my vernacular.

Remove the inner driver and install the inner driver o-ring before you forget (Fig. 15). Install the snap ring that locks the bearing into place (Fig. 16) and make sure that snap ring is seated completely in groove (Fig 17.). DO NOT FORGET TO INSTALL THE SNAP RING!

http://www.sickbikeparts.com/Manuals/Instructions_Freewheel_Disassembly.pdf

Thanks for your quick response. It's something not frequently attained through many other vendors. I inspected the two freewheels I have, and they both have the snap ring in place. The one on my bike does as well.

Thanks for your quick response. It's something not frequently attained through many other vendors. I inspected the two freewheels I have, and they both have the snap ring in place. The one on my bike does as well.

I'm jumping in again..
Gary, are you saying that the problem was definitely with the bearing, or is it the pawl mechanism?
Also, as we can't see your bike in three dimensions and it would not be easy to see this anyway, are you setting up the chain lines dead straight in the workshop, or are you compensating for torque twisting the bike frame once it is being driven?
Are you going further and attempting to alleviate the sideways forces on the FW too?
I don't know if the last bit is possible.. I have been thinking about it and it seems iffy at best. Just wondering what your set up is like.
Are the two chainrings as close together as is practically possible?
Also is it possible to increase the chainrings' speed of rotation? ie Which jackshaft (JS) output sprocket are you using, with which pedal crank (PC) input?
The slower a chain moves, all things being equal (ATBE), the more load it carries. I assume that the same applies to a FW bearing that is attached to that chain.

(Personally I'm going down the opposite route of slow rotation and multiple chainrings so I will certainly be needing the double row of bearings in the SBP UHD FW.)

That ebay seller stole a copyrighted picture (blue bike) from us. Can you take a picture or two of his "instruction manual"?

This obviously is an inferior copy of our original 2007 design. For the same price in the USA you can get out current model. Thanks.
Its not the same price. I locally picked it up from him for a decent price. (Which is why I bought it) Yours is 139.90 USD for the cheapest one which doesn't include shipping. I'm in australia, shipping will be over $100... Just money i don't have to spend. If you guys were located in australia i would've bought your kit, but shipping these days is enough to make a rich man broke.. lol :p

Its not the same price. I locally picked it up from him for a decent price. (Which is why I bought it) Yours is 139.90 USD for the cheapest one which doesn't include shipping. I'm in australia, shipping will be over $100... Just money i don't have to spend. If you guys were located in australia i would've bought your kit, but shipping these days is enough to make a rich man broke.. lol :p

I understand. That is why I wrote "in the USA" Shipping to Aus is deadly expensive.

Back