Jack shaft with fat bike

Phantom Fat Bike

Local time
10:08 PM
Hi everyone...

i am thinking of buying a fat bike with 4 inch tires with a phantom 85 and putting a jackshaft kit on it and i was wondering if i would have any issues in terms of clearance of the back tire to the seat post with the jackshaft kit or any other issues? how much clearance space is recommended as well... and if it does rub ive heard that i need to get a narrower sprocket and i was wondering where i may get that from?

cheers,

Hi everyone...

i am thinking of buying a fat bike with 4 inch tires with a phantom 85 and putting a jackshaft kit on it and i was wondering if i would have any issues in terms of clearance of the back tire to the seat post with the jackshaft kit or any other issues? how much clearance space is recommended as well... and if it does rub ive heard that i need to get a narrower sprocket and i was wondering where i may get that from?

cheers,
Use the search function, there's been a couple of fat tire builds done within the last 3 years using shift kits.

Thanks for that...

Also if i wanted to change the sprocket on the jack shaft to a smaller one where could i get one and what are the shaft diamensions of them?

Thanks for that...

Also if i wanted to change the sprocket on the jack shaft to a smaller one where could i get one and what are the shaft diamensions of them?

thanks for that.... what exact smaller sprocket though would i need? LIke when i have a look on the webiste there is a few small sprockets but will they all work on it or is there a specific one i need?

What are you planning to run on the rear wheel? (Cassette ? speed/range, freewheel ? speed/range, internal geared hub ? speed, or a Nuvinci hub?

Lets say its a single speed for simplicities sake. I found these on moped army but the pictured bikes are using internally geared hubs.

Attachments

• bike17.jpg
    bike17.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 99
  • project9.jpg
    project9.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 91
What are you planning to run on the rear wheel? (Cassette ? speed/range, freewheel ? speed/range, internal geared hub ? speed, or a Nuvinci hub?
At the moment i think i might just run the stock cassettte but would an ebike internal geared hub be any better? would it be able to handle the power any better. So if i were to just run the cassette what are the dimensions of the smaller gear would i need to run if the wheel doesnt clear it?
Also what is a free wheel and would it be any benefit to me?

thanks

Back