Keihin carburater question

Local time
2:47 PM
Hi I bought a keihin gt80 reed valve carburater for my 48cc engine, well I dont know how to port the engine to use the reed valves, so Im not using the reed valves, but do I need to re jett the carb or do any alterations to the carb or is it good to go right out of the box. Thanks

Hi I bought a keihin gt80 reed valve carburater for my 48cc engine, well I dont know how to port the engine to use the reed valves, so Im not using the reed valves, but do I need to re jett the carb or do any alterations to the carb or is it good to go right out of the box. Thanks
It might be rich if it was intended for a 66cc, you'll probably want to at least put the clip on the needle at the highest spot to lean it out a little, good luck that clone carb is actually pretty good. You will probably end up wanting a longer piece of rubber tubing, the piece they supply will probably be too short to work with unless you have lots of room.

Marine shops should have some 19mm (3/4 inch) fuel hoses that would fit the bill. Google it or check ebay too, even go randomly into a marine service shop and ask if they have about 6 inches spare laying around.

Can get some on eBay for about 16 bucks for a meter so that could last a long time, even let you play with different intake lengths for experimenting.

Good morning people! I've been researching this valve for some time and to be honest I did not find much here in Brazil. I wonder if anyone has that valve and can tell me if it works well on a 48cc engine. I'm developing a pro my engine from the av10 50cc reed valve. But I did not get good results. My engine slowed down and only works at high revs, as if it did not have the power to pull the gasoline. Follow some photos below.

Attachments

• IMG-20170616-WA0050.jpg
    IMG-20170616-WA0050.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 100
  • IMG-20170616-WA0051.jpg
    IMG-20170616-WA0051.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG-20170616-WA0053.jpg
    IMG-20170616-WA0053.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 111
Yes, it's a piece printed on a 3d printer. Here in the country does not have the valves for sale for that engine. I just made a 10-millimeter hole in the piston. I'll drill more holes then and on the tests. Thanks for the tip!

Yes, it's a piece printed on a 3d printer. Here in the country does not have the valves for sale for that engine. I just made a 10-millimeter hole in the piston. I'll drill more holes then and on the tests. Thanks for the tip!
Those brass looking plates that are retaining the reeds might have something to do with it too, could be overly restrictive with them being so long, if the additional holes (which is something I'd recommend over one measly 10mm hole) don't help much try removing half that retaining plate so the reeds have more freedom of motion.

I already took off the brass plate and a little sand the reeds. I got a little improvement, but insignificant. Then I made the hole in the piston. I'm going to drill more holes to try to fix this problem. Thanks again.

you have to buy .5mm thick carbon fiber sheet and cut out your own reeds.
I do that for my Suzuki 100 because I've modified the valve for more flow.
I buy from protechcomposites.com/shop/

Back