Leaking Head/Gasket

Cheers

Oh 150 inch pounds, ill put a bit more on and see if it improves, i didn't want to go more than instructions said :S

Hold it there... you "didn't want to go more then instructions said" tells me Ummmm I said inch pounds...NOT foot pounds

Stock hardware calls for what 12-17 foot pounds? 17 foot pounds X 12 = 204 (max for 8mm in cast aluminum) inch pounds

Ok. First thing I have to tell you is good job on ur first build..now to get to ur problem that really hasent caused u any problems. Other than u think there is or should be one.....well yes and no is the correct answer my friend. ..I have the same motor only in silver and I to thought exactly as u did...let me share with you a fact about these motors. .u r right wile at the same time it does this for a very good reason. Especially wile in break in period. ..in fact if u don't c this as well as a few drops of oil after u let ur bike sit say over night. I personally didn't ride more than 15 or 20 minutes. .for my first 2 or 4 tanks. .a lot of people say they don't leak they mark there territory lol.dont worry it's fine now as long as u check ur head bolts and adjust them to 5en pounds in a x pattern after heating her up to temp then letting her cool.ur good. The chance is that ur cap may b worped. .a lot have been known to b...after about 500 miles u can pull cap off and sand it perfectly flush and replace head gasket even I've heard some people putting to head gaskets

Hey people just would like to say that a lot of these problems that happen are due to quality control and the lack thereof, i mean you get many parts for dirt cheap, honda, ktm, etc.. would be a fortune for the same thing. i have had a lemon, im on my fourth motor and have found that each one has its own personality and has a frequency that it runs best at, if you listen carefully to the motor you will hear a hamonic balance that repeats itself over and over in a set. this is the motors most efficient rpm to run at, they all seem to be close.
obviously the rider plays a huge factor some people run at full rpm for long periods , overheating,, or also not ptoper mix of fuel ...the list goes on...
It sure is fun though and keeps you happily out in the garage, half the fun
cheers

Back