Looking for Exhaust Headers/Manifolds

Oh look, the Phantom Style exhaust. That explains your fitment problem. That pipe is designed for cruiser frames with more distance between the seat tube and front downtube - basically Felt Faker frames, Huffy Cranbrook, and Hyper Beach Cruiser. Basically, if the front mount can bolt to both tubes directly, you are likely going to have this issue. I know because I had this same issue with my Kent Nazz gravel bike and my Phantom exhaust.

Only way to properly solve this would be to cut an shorten the pipe. The best way to do it with this particular pipe would be to cut it at the weld joint at the red arrow, then remove material roughly along this straight section where the yellow line is, and finally have it welded back together. It will probably only take about an inch to fix your problem.
Phantom Style pipe mod..jpg

If you don't have a welder, maybe one of your buddies does? Otherwise, you could call around to some exhaust shops or even local welders that may have listings on Facebook or other such types of websites and see what they would charge you to weld it up.

I have a non-weld alternative for you, but it requires using this ultra high-temp silicone coupler cut to length, a pair of good quality clamps ( i recommend stainless T-bolts like these ) and you will absolutely need/want to brace the muffler to the frame - which honestly you will want to do anyway as the Phantom style exhausts are quite heavy and very far away from the engine and thus a bit prone to breaking welds from vibration and heat cycles. A few members here have used conduit hangers also known as Caddy Clamps/Caddy Hangers, one the right size for the muffler body, one the right size for the frame tube, and then some threaded rod, or a bolt and nut, etc to connect them together.
This is an example of one so you know what it looks like.

Now, the real question is, would you spend as much or more to do the non-weld metho as it would cust to just have someone weld it? That's why I suggest calling around and seeing what people might quote you.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
That is when I use the good old American expression on those type of folks..."Put up, or shut up"...lol...lol.

I hate it when folks start spouting their "FUD" like they think they really know about something when they don't...lol...lol.
And yet can't or won't tell you their reasons why they spread their uncertainty and doubt which means in essence, they have not a clue about what they are talking about, hence the expression, "Put up, or shut up...lol.

Translation of FUD in case you don't know what it means is, Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt.
Look at picture No. 2 on Post 17 (looking at right side of his bike). Recognize that muffler? ;)

Notice it's against his tire too. That makes sense as to why heating and bending it won't work like he said. He would have to bend the chorizo out of it to get it to clear properly.

Look at picture No. 2 on Post 17 (looking at right side of his bike). Recognize that muffler? ;)

Notice it's against his tire too. That makes sense as to why heating and bending it won't work like he said. He would have to bend the chorizo out of it to get it to clear properly.
Yo, that's not the bike in question. That belongs to @Squiddley .

Universal fit means it universally doesn't fit anything. I was looking at picture 17-2 myself until i realized it wasn't the bike in question.
As Impulse said, shortening the pipe would be best.
I'd still try and bend it in an arc from just past the frame until the sharp bend starts. The body of the muffler would end up close to the bottom bracket but it isn't even the bike in question so whatever. Lol.

Yep that is my pipe and you gave me the same advice,but used the smoke wrench instead.:)

That works. Having seen the picture, Impulses' idea of shortening it by a couple inches would be ideal. Would be nice to have the muffler body closer to the frame.

Back