Losing power

Josh_wilcoxx

Local time
2:48 PM
Hey guys, I was on my way back from the store yesterday and my bike seemed to lose power (accelerating extremely slow, if it could accelerate, still have to pedal up small hills, it was much easier to kill the engine) and I noticed at WOT it would spit and pop a little while still accelerating on flat ground. Here's some photos of my plug if it helps anything

Attachments

• 20210605_102402.jpg
    20210605_102402.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 107
  • 20210605_102419.jpg
    20210605_102419.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 100
Hey guys, I was on my way back from the store yesterday and my bike seemed to lose power (accelerating extremely slow, if it could accelerate, still have to pedal up small hills, it was much easier to kill the engine) and I noticed at WOT it would spit and pop a little while still accelerating on flat ground. Here's some photos of my plug if it helps anything
That plug looks like it is running WAAAY too lean...It should be a nice tan colour...Which notch do you have the "C" clip attached to on the needle valve ???...What is the gas/oil ratio ???...DAMIEN

That plug looks like it is running WAAAY too lean...It should be a nice tan colour...Which notch do you have the "C" clip attached to on the needle valve ???...DAMIEN
I think it's the 70 on the HP carb. The only jet I could find where it wasn't sluggish or 4 stroking.

I think it's the 70 on the HP carb. The only jet I could find where it wasn't sluggish or 4 stroking.
Ahaaa...OK...Its not an NT carbie then...Someone with experience with the HP carbie will need to answer this one then...lol...There must be some sort of air/fuel ratio adjustment with that carbie besides just an idle adjustment screw...DAMIEN

Yeah plug looks lean. If its related, then likely I'd say something got sucked into the carb and is stuck in the jet. Clean it out good.

Otherwise it might be the nuts on the engine studs holding the head on have loosened and your not getting good compression. Just going by how its running not the plug.

Last edited:
Yeah plug looks lean. If its related, then likely I'd say something got sucked into the carb and is stuck in the jet. Clean it out good.

Otherwise it might be the nuts on the engine studs holding the head on have loosened and your not getting good compression. Just going by how its running not the plug.
What should I torque the head to?

That plug looks like it is running WAAAY too lean...It should be a nice tan colour...Which notch do you have the "C" clip attached to on the needle valve ???...What is the gas/oil ratio ???...DAMIEN
And it's running 32:1

Back