My new PK80 "Wildcat's" 2nd gallon of fuel; ya think this is OK?

Wouldn't "raising the needle" make it richer, but rather raising the clip on the needle (which actually lowers the needle) make it more lean? Long time since I dabbled in smaller non CV (motorcycle) carbs...
Oops, my bad, I read you post wrong 😆 (don't tell Damien)

It should be fine to adjust the needle. During break in running rich isn't a bad thing.

Oops, my bad, I read you post wrong 😆 (don't tell Damien)

It should be fine to adjust the needle. During brake in running rich isn't a bad thing.
Well I would do a plug chop, except I don't think I have that socket, maybe a deep that will fit, but I don't want to break it. I know the plug that came with the kit had a socket thing that doesn't fit the NGK.

Guess I'll probably leave the carb alone until this tank needs refilled finally...

Well on second thought, as good as it's running (and the 4 stroking is very minimal, almost barely noticeable), I think the needle should stay where it is. I watched an "LA Hover Bikes" vid on it, he seems to think minor 4 stroking like I get is normal and not a problem. LA Hover Bikes is probably my favorite INFO YT channel There are other good ones, but I find many tend to go on too long about whatever, be too "I'm right and everyone else is an idiot" arrogant. LA Hover Bikes just shares what he knows and seems to really help others enjoy the hobby without that swelled head or overlong explanations some of the others give. I really appreciate that guy...

Mine only does it just a bit at the bottom of the throttle and a tiny bit just under full throttle.

I'm actually amazed at how well it pulls low speed. I do have to pedal to let out the clutch, but not much. Even at like 8mph, the little engine lugs along and slowly picks up RPMs. Seems like it runs at lower speeds than most motors can. I mean it's not happy that slow, and there is vibration, but it's not awful, doesn't sound like it's hurting anything, though it probably is difficult on the clutch.

Also it RARELY fails to start on the first bump. I expect the plug has to be staying pretty clean to acheive that. I gotta get a plug chop soon. I have every spark plug socket except the needed one.

I keep hearing folks say I need to go to harbor freight. I had tools, I just lost them when a van I had got impounded, so I am slowly building my set back up. I got some decent ones, just not everything I need yet.

My gap may be a bit big. With MCs many times slightly widening the gap past spec can give better spark. I didn't have a tool, but I did widen it past where it was in the box, but it has run fine ever since first startup, so probably the CDI is strong.

I have a LOT of experience with Japanese MCs, so torque by hand without a torque wrench is not as likely to get me in trouble as most newbs. My wrist is pretty skilled at knowing when to stop. I'm very careful to only use wrist strength and never my full arm strength. Years of experience wrenching gets you pretty in tune with knowing where to stop tightening.

I watched an "LA Hover Bikes" vid on it, he seems to think minor 4 stroking like I get is normal and not a problem.
LA Hover is correct.

I find many tend to go on too long about whatever, be too "I'm right and everyone else is an idiot" arrogant.
That is also a very correct statement...lol.

except I don't think I have that socket, maybe a deep that will fit, but I don't want to break it. I know the plug that came with the kit had a socket thing that doesn't fit the NGK.
The spark plug socket you need for the standard NGK-BR6HS plug your using is a 13/16, (21mm), stubby socket that is 2 & a 1/4 inches in length that I got at Advance Autoparts.

I have a LOT of experience with Japanese MCs, so torque by hand without a torque wrench is not as likely to get me in trouble as most newbs. My wrist is pretty skilled at knowing when to stop. I'm very careful to only use wrist strength and never my full arm strength. Years of experience wrenching gets you pretty in tune with knowing where to stop tightening.
I have a quarter inch drive inch pound torque wrench but I agree with ya that it can be done without one with eperienced hands and wrists...lol...I do that myself.

Especially that guy "Build Break Fix" I've learned a few things, but I can barely stand listening to the guy.. He thinks he's king s**t of all two stroke builders...
He is also known as "Little Care Bear" and "Evil Care Bear" and has been banned on pretty much all of the MB forums.

He even tried to masquerade himself as the real "LA Hover" at one time too...lol.

Especially that guy "Build Break Fix" I've learned a few things, but I can barely stand listening to the guy.. He thinks he's king s**t of all two stroke builders...

LA Hover is much easier to like.
I am a very experienced 20+ years ASE certified master mechanic before my second retirement and there are still things that I continue to learn about on these two strokes here on the forums.

When people become narcissistic egotists, they are no longer capable of learning anything more...They are convinced they already know it all...lol...lol.

(My first retirement was as a police lieutenant)

When people become narcissistic egotists, they are no longer capable of learning anything more...They are convinced they already know it all...lol...lolol.
There is a difference between egotistical and confidence. I am very confident in my ability to weld, but I know there are others much better than me.

Back