Lost plug wire

sonic883

Local time
1:40 PM
Hi, me being stupid,cut the cdi wire shorter and didn’t screw it in much, without realising,lost the wire that screws into the cdi, the boot was on the end of the wire, I have to get a new cdi, but are there any solutions ? I have lots of wires so would that work if I soldered it.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Hi, me being stupid,cut the cdi wire shorter and didn’t screw it in much, without realising,lost the wire that screws into the cdi, the boot was on the end of the wire, I have to get a new cdi, but are there any solutions ? I have lots of wires so would that work if I soldered it.
Get another plug wire from pick a part and cut it to length and screw it in to the CDI. If it a little too fat for the CDI, just sand the end down to fit. I would like to mention, you need a solid core wire.

Get another plug wire from pick a part and cut it to length and screw it in to the CDI. If it a little too fat for the CDI, just sand the end down to fit. I would like to mention, you need a solid core
if they have a digital speedo, a fiber/resistor core will help keep the em spikes from dinking with the speedo, or tach. I do agree though, copper core is the best for power transfer. An lord knows we need all the power we can get from the stock stator coil.

Just get a exacto knife and cut the plastic sheath little by little until you find the wire in the center then cut the wire with a wire cutter's.

make your cuts straight, The wire is still in there somewhere probable less than a quarter inch and you should see it.

Before you try to srew the plug wire back in remove the boot from the spark plug so you can spin the wire freely in a complete circle, spin a few times while pushing with a bit of force~4 or 5 I used a pair of pliers just make sure it was tight, not over tight just tight

I like the NGK plug caps because they also screw on. They make a 90% and 45% angel caps to suit your purpose. I also like to use a little dielectric grease when assembling my ignition wire set.

Back