Engine Trouble Major lose of power

augustwinds

ill try and grab a fresh plug while im out to i had a ngk b6hs (possibly b7hs cant remember) ill double check later

Don_Parsons

Be careful brother,,, don't end up with a melt down...

Im sure you know what to watch for when it comes to spark plug tests...

I share this from my old 2-Smoke friend from years ago:

A 2-Stroke engine can experience a lean condition in alot of different throttle positions...

At Idle,,, 1/4,,, 1/2,,, 3/4,,, and full throttle...
The needle works from idle to 3/4 ish throttle,,, the main jet looks after buissness at wide open...

So yes AW,,, if your not paying attention your engine """could""" experience a lean condition in the lower to mid range throttle positions,,, I know of a few instances of this happening...

I'm sure that other with more tech will chime in I hope,,, I think its wize too see what these awesome folks will share with you before diving into this,,, of course,,, you probably have this 2-stroke thing sorted from other units you've run over the years...

I dont know,,, I'm only guessing is all...

Be caucus my friend,,, Im hoping that this problem solving works out in your favor and dose not go south causing more issues...

At least your motor is running some what,,, a melt down or scuffing the cylinder would not be nice...

There are a few more things to check I'm sure,,, hopefully other chime in,,, just to be on the safe side that is...

Investigating a loss in power can be sorted so long as the proper processes are in place...

I want to see you reap to rewards of getting it sorted correctly is all...

Don

Street Ryderz

I think you'll find that jetting it now will bring back the power,as it seems you had an air leak before I say this because the #70 jet that comes in the stock carbs is usually to big for them to run well unless you've modded the porting and timing and have a pipe.Most guy's end up around #66 jet and the needle two notches down from the top to get good throttle response and a clean burn in the top under load,it's ok to be just a touch rich as you lift or hold a fixed throttle position and the load has leveled off,this help to cool the engine and prolong ride time's.

augustwinds

another detail i just remembered is when i leave the mesh "airfilter" in it makes it 4 stroke at anything over 1/4 ish throttle but when i took out the "filter" ij stopped 4 stroking entirley

i say "filter" bcuz its literally a piece of aquariam filter mesh ...

Chainlube

another detail i just remembered is when i leave the mesh "airfilter" in it makes it 4 stroke at anything over 1/4 ish throttle but when i took out the "filter" ij stopped 4 stroking entirley

i say "filter" bcuz its literally a piece of aquariam filter mesh ...
What position do you have the clip on in your carb? Maybe go down one if it 4 strokes with a filter installed.

augustwinds

currently in top most and cant lower it as i stated b4 otherwise itll die out acting like its getting drowned in fuel

also saddly didnt realize today was sunday ... shop was closed guess ill swing out after work tomorrow for the jets

HumanPerson

Man you're so close to me.
I have a Zeda triple 40.
Port matched from the case to the cylinder.
Intake and exhaust ports modded to fit the intake manifold and the exhaust manifold.
I have everything that you need, jets, cylinders (sleeved) carbs, an extra engine, modified exhaust (1 1/8 ID header system, tunable)
Tons more brother. Make me an offer.

HumanPerson

Namura rings malossi gudgeon pin and bearings....
This build was with the help of the others here in these forums.

I'm goin electric, If ya want this al all of the extras with it send me a msg.