Crashes MB vs LARGE Dog

This should go without saying....but I will say it anyway. It's the owners, NOT the breed. I've kept pit bulls for over 20 years now..with my family (3 children). They are more determined once they put their mind to something, but they are not jekyl and hyde or anything like that. And they are far from mean. Many of them don't even make good guard or watch dogs, as they like people too much. (other animals are another story). Owners (of any breed) need to understand their breed so they can best care for it and be responsible for it. Dogs running loose in the street (especially in front of one of our bikes cooking along at 20+ miles per hour), is NOT excusable.

Warner
I totally agree.
Elmo

On my trike, I've discovered that dogs don't seem to be able to deal with the fact that , when they run up along side me, they are looking me right in the eyes. They usually just stop.
Another thing (I didn't believe this when I was told), if a dog runs up barking at you, when it's in range, spit on it. They will almost always stop to figure out what just happened.
None of this is any help when one runs in front of you.

Won't help if a large dog runs in front of you, but if one is chasing you, spit on it. Try it, it will probly surprise you.

This weekend I got chased. This idea works! I was suprised and elated that the chase was over....then I laughed my butt off at the very confused dog.
Thanks Van.

re: spitting at dog. I tried this and it only made the dog run harder, but I was able to outrun it with the grubee.

If you think dogs may be a problem, try the Armscorp .38 revolver. Its a sweet shooting 6cyl with a 11/4.5# trigger and has full case extraction and wood handle, $180. I looked at one the other day and I would have sworn it was a lot easier trigger pull.
armscorp_51281.jpg

Last edited:
Zevo, Just heard about all of that, hope your healed up by now...

No bite wounds to the glutious maximus means/ sorry, no purple heart for you on this mission soldier :giggle:

Happy

Too Much Trigger Pull Weight.

Remember That Dream, When So Scared, Weak And Can`t Even Run?? Lol

I Have Had Dreams When I Could Not Pull The Trigger, I Think It Was That Gun U Show. Lol

Get A Semi Auto Pistol With A Hair Trigger!

Did You See The Bear Warning Sign Pic In Augi`s Ride ? Bear Spray

Ron

Tree,
Not everybody can afford Glock Perfection, and some people don't think they are perfect after all, but different clothes for different weather, right?

The philipino gun above handles nice and has to be handled to be believed about the trigger. Maybe you are thinking of an S&W Airweight or Ruger or some other NY style lawyered-over brand candy.

Feel free to PM so I don't derail the thread.

Is bear spray a real product?

This is a MB forum....not a handgun forum.

Picture a bunch of MB'ers riding around turning family pets into roadkill.

Not Cool.

Did you read my last Post? You're not nice.
"Feel free to PM so I don't derail the thread.

Is bear spray a real product?
"

Imagine a "family pet" turning a Mb'er into "roadkill".
887854-001.jpg

Some people live in semi-free states and have the right to self defense from animal attack by means of firearms, mace or irritants, or other devices.
I was enjoying the thread, and requested interested parties to continue discussion by PM, before you made judgmental inferences to a "bunch of people riding around turning family pets into roadkill."

Thanks for your consideration.

Last edited:
Back