"Milk crate on engine" page

Beast, a really good auto shop should have an infra red thermometer to check your engine with. I bet they wouldn't charge much to check it. I'm concerned you may impede air flow. That's what one side of my brain says. The other side says that you are a wild and crazy guy who has probably given the issue lots of consideration anyway.
Ride on!!

about heat

those milk crates are just 1 big hole,the only thing that would get blocked even a bit would be the gas tank.i started working in detroit michigan at maryjanes h-d shop in 1978 as a shop go getter i was a punk who grew up in a garage,sunoco,i have the sunoco tattoo on my arm haha,ended up trueing h-d flywheels to get rid of vibration,i was getting 30s and 40s crank sets from germany to do freehand on a wheel trueing machine that i built..plus i raced a rigid framed wheely wheeled 750 2 stroke kaw triple 750 in 79 -80 and learnt alot about 2 strokes going 140 miles an hr in seconds makes you not want a seize up yikes..checking temps is easy just look at your spark plug,i even go as far as cutting threads away to expose the ceramic,you get a true reading that way.ow the fun.

Attachments

• bikevid 013.jpg
    bikevid 013.jpg
    153.6 KB · Views: 345
Back