Motored Biking Racing in Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
As usual, the electric wierdos ruin everything. Stink bikes, lol.

How is electric weird? Because we chose to use something that is superior? Tall poppy syndrome thing is it? ...OR ... Is it just the simple fact you don't understand the technology so your asume everyone else that does is 'weird' it maybe you just don't have the money to buy it? Just curious :rolleyes:

According to you then should we all buy high polluting under performing noisy poorly made two stroke Happy Time motors from china should we? Sorry pal, i prefer my fast accelerating LONG RANGE high speed e-bike thanks.

http://members.ii.net/~aussiejester/index/pictures/Custom RC Cruiser/RC_Cruiser_side_shot1.jpg

KiM

Last edited:
See what I mean?

A little YZ80 dirt bike will kill one of your high wattage setups in both speed and endurance. You put thousands into these electric power systems and then talk trash about a $100 imported engine. If electric power is so good, why don't we see electric cars trucks and buses? If a "stink bike" owner had the same budget as you, dollar for dollar, the stink bike guy would kick your @ss.

Why don't you people just hold your own "death race" event and argue about magnets and batteries among yourselves. :)

The "Death Race" is primarily an ICE bike race.

If the electric bikes try to compete when the "goal" is to be the last one standing on the track (which might mean 50 laps or more) the electric bikes will lose.

So we have two different mindsets at play.

The electric bikes are for Sprints and the ICE bikes are for endurance.

It would be a TERRIBLE move to make the "Death Race" into just the Sprint... however, I see no problem with the Sprint being the prelude to the main event for the ICE bikes. That way we can see both types together in a limited situation and not interfere with the essential theme of the event.

The "Death Race" is an endurance race.

------------------------------------

I think the main thing is that it's exciting to see the acceptance of the go-kart tracks as the natural place for motorized bike racing. This is something that I have always believed to be true and it's good to see it happening.

All we can do now is hope that the sponsors realize that electric cannot compete against ICE in an endurance race because it's not designed for that. Range is a real problem with electric vehicles whether it's bicycles, motorcycles or cars. The physics of battery power to gasoline means that the ICE machines start with something like 25 times more energy than the electric for the same weight, so the electric has to work much harder to be efficient. These are facts that are not in dispute... the physics just forces ebike racing to be over shorter distances.

------------------------------------

One idea would be to just divide the classes beforehand and just run the electric bike race at 10 laps in between the heats and the "Death Race". It's only going to take about 15-20 minutes, so I'm sure there's plenty of time.

I guess the question becomes whether these two "tribes" even want to meet each other or are the underlying differences too great to bridge?

Last edited:
.....I guess the question becomes whether these two "tribes" even want to meet each other or are the underlying differences too great to bridge?

You've got to get rid of hippy chicks like Kim. All the trash talk against the gas bike people isn't helping the perception of people who support electric anything.

Kim has legs that were injured in a motorcycle accident a long time ago. He takes pain medications and so his postings can somethings be friendly and other times they are really, really nasty depending on the level of pain he's in.

He's officially banned here, but he came back again under a new name to post. His normal online name is "AussieJester".

----------------------------------

I'd like to see a friendly rivalry between the two "tribes" because the use of the go-kart tracks is a major breakthrough for motorized bike racing.

Maybe having everyone race together is a bad idea... maybe it should be two separate classes. The two bike types have vastly different strengths and weaknesses, so it's anyone's guess if they would even be fun running together.

Also, I'm finding that the motorized bike crowd tends to be more conservative (libertarian) politically while the electric tends to get a lot more really "green" left wing types... so the cultures of the "tribes" are different as well as the bikes.

-------------------------------------

In the end it's up to the sponsors to decide what type of event they want to run. Adding electric and making a place for their unique qualities in the racing format needs to be a decision that they think is to their advantage.

Hopefully they are thinking about it...

Last edited:
Kim has legs that were injured in a motorcycle accident a long time ago. He takes pain medications and so his postings can somethings be friendly and other times they are really, really nasty depending on the level of pain he's in....

Sorry 'bout the chick comment, and sorry about the accident. (and I had a real good zinger about chicks and things with batteries lol)

See what I mean?

Nope...you failed to answer my question instead rambled on about something irrelevant to the conversation...We are talkin motored bicyles Not trucks cars and motorcyles genious.

A little YZ80 dirt bike will kill one of your high wattage setups in both speed and endurance.

Yup surely would i have owned and raced a YZ 80 great bike, wouldnt own an electric motorcyle if it was given to me, or a car, if you check endless sphere im a vocally against both e-cars and e-motorcyles...

Safe... WTF are you on seriously, Your the only one I abuse and medication/pain has nothing to do with it....I don't ride electric because im a tree hugging hippy either Safe you of all people should know that. The vast majority here are totally clueless to the performance of electric bicycles, i guess ignorance is bliss though right ghost :-S E-bikes competing in the Death Race making a joke of the stink bikes will defiantly show how superior their performance is. :: tissue Ghost:: ? And yes Safe i re-joined here for the sole reason of trash talking in THIS thread when I saw you chip in with your incorrect 2 cents worth, don't plan on staying around long the ignorance is infectious on this site :p

KiM

Last edited:
...We are talkin motored bicyles Not trucks cars and motorcyles genious.....

Uhhhhhh - that's genius, genius........ :rolleyes: :giggle::whistle:

And also - what's to stop me from bolting that YZ80 engine on a bicycle? Then I have "motorized bicycle" that will kill any 2000 watt (or whatever) electric motorized bike. You want to take your high dollar batteries and motors and compare them to $100 imported two stroke engines. Sounds a little lop sided, and even then the range on the cheapie engine will greatly surpass the range on as many batteries as you can strap on your bike.

Last edited:
Pity picking out others spelling mistakes appears to be where your talents stop isn't it :-S yet another post you fail to address the questions i directed towards you, would you like me to simplify them a lil so you can understand them hrmzz? I was calling you a genius not myself :-S but thanks for the compliment anywayz.

KiM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back