Mtn frame with ol school springer forks?

Well you can get poly in a rattle can, but you want get it off a shelve at any store like Walmart, lowes or home depot. You would have to go through a paint dealer. I'll try whats good to use, and its tough as well. I painted my boat trailer with Rustoleum High Performance protective enamel and it has held up beautifully. You can get that in a rattle can, but I bought a quart of it and mixed it with acetone 2:1 ratio, and sprayed it with my cup gun. The primer I used is the self-etching primer by rustoleum. DONT BUY KRYLON, I have made that mistake, and now regret it. bc the paint I used on the bike to start with was that new stuff that has the primer n paint mixed together, and paint was ****.....!

As for your springer forks, go check out this lady's website CustomMotoredBicycles.com

She is located is Wisconsin also, so it would be cheaper for you to buy from her. Plus, she is extremely nice and very helpful. Her prices are the best I've seen on a lot of parts I've been pricing.

Hope everything works out for you. Let me know how everything goes with your project.

Later..... Dcol

As for your springer forks, go check out this lady's website CustomMotoredBicycles.com

I actually know her... she actually came to my apartment last year when I was working on my first build and helped me with the chain. She's a friend of someone I've known for about 14 years, which is how I met her last year.

I used a Rustoleum clear coat Painter's Touch Ultra Cover semi gloss, and three or four coats of it on the frame, even more on the tank.

So, what exactly is going on with the paint?

it's not like it's DOIN' anything... I just want to make sure it lasts.... and if I am going to be better off finishing with something else on top of what I've done, then I should do that before I assemble the bike in the next couple weeks.

(Borat voice):

VERY NNIIIICE!!!

I was gonna guess that a springer fork would make a mountain bike look a little odd, but I was expecting a chrome fork w/ odd color mountain bike with rear suspension.

Good work!

it's not like it's DOIN' anything... I just want to make sure it lasts.... and if I am going to be better off finishing with something else on top of what I've done, then I should do that before I assemble the bike in the next couple weeks.

best thing to do, go get you some aircraft stripper & start over. thats my advice

(Borat voice):

VERY NNIIIICE!!!

I was gonna guess that a springer fork would make a mountain bike look a little odd, but I was expecting a chrome fork w/ odd color mountain bike with rear suspension.

Good work!

Thanks, I always like trying to be different from everyone esle.

Updated Pics....!

Here are some updated pics of my bike as of today 9/19/11.
I finally found a coaster brake wheel in black, and found a set of white wall tires for a decent price.

Hope yall enjoy....:D

Attachments

• 100_0456.JPG
    100_0456.JPG
    85.5 KB · Views: 148
  • 100_0457.JPG
    100_0457.JPG
    96.2 KB · Views: 121
  • 100_0458.JPG
    100_0458.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 132