My First 4 stroke Motorized Cruiser in the Philippines

Also, drain your current oil and refill to the bottom thread on your oil dipper hole, Don't just put new oil in on the low oil you've started your break in on. You might not have busted your engine. The oil in it now should have lots of shiny metal flakes in it.

Also, drain your current oil and refill to the bottom thread on your oil dipper hole, Don't just put new oil in on the low oil you've started your break in on. You might not have busted your engine. The oil in it now should have lots of shiny metal flakes in it.

Thanks again CrazyDan! And here comes my first oil change. :)

Is the 50T rear sprocket good for this build?I still can’t feel that torquey low end speed im expecting, with the hopeless traffic here in Manila a good torquey low end speed is what I need to jump between cars, motorcycles, jeepneys and pedestrians on the road. Or should I first tweak the jet and change the oil before I do anything else?

Update: ive changed oil, the old one was already black and i filled it up to the bottom of the oil dipstick hole thread which consumed around 210-220 ml of 4T oil, up jetted the carb to the point it bogged down then resoldered it and drilled with last smallest bit I used..and still it didnt give me the power i needed, guess ill swap the carb with an NT or RT carb.

You guys have any other suggestions to increase the torque of my motor before i swap carbs, thanks

You might want a larger rear sprocket or a transfer case with a higher gear reduction ratio. You'll lose top end speed but gain more torque to the rear wheel.

You might want a larger rear sprocket or a transfer case with a higher gear reduction ratio. You'll lose top end speed but gain more torque to the rear wheel.

I saw one selling at eBay, I think its a double chain type transmission, would that suffice? I would love to get a 4G belt type however none of those are available here locally and none is currently on sale at eBay, some are being sold online at the US however they don't ship here in the Philippines, too bad.

The dual chain has a 5:1 reduction before the output shaft and has sealed bearings for the shafts to ride in the cover, the hoot transmission has only a 3:1 reduction and the shafts ride in holes in the cover.

Back